Muret (PRWEB) September 19, 2013
GdPicture.NET 10 is now available to the public, with more than 100 new features including a new color detection plugin, full WEP image format support, enhanced support document annotating, vector PDF/OCR support, native 16-bit per channel image processing, better document clean-up filters, Patch Code and Micro Qr-Code support, full support for ICC profiles form RGB(A) and CMYK(A) image, enhanced PDF support, super-fast multipage TIFF generation with mixed compression such as JPEG and CCITT4, and more.
Below is a list of the major changes.
New Plugin: GdPicture Automatic Color Detection Plugin
The GdPicture Automatic Color Detection Plugin is a 100% royalty free extension of GdPicture.NET. It dramatically reduces the size of electronically stored documents to accelerate processing and file transfer.
- Support for getting image information, metadata and embedded thumbnail without decoding pixel.
- Faster JPEG codec (between 2x and 4x faster for loading and saving purposes).
- JBIG2 decoding: speed improvement, multipage reading optimization.
- Support for native 48-bit and 64-bit bitmap processing.
- Multipage tiff loading time divided by 2.
- Multipage tiff creation with mixed JPEG and CCITT compression support.
- Option to extract a specific page of an editable multipage tiff document without the need to decode and re-encode the bitmap.
- Support for sequential multipage tiff writing into stream objects (including mixed compression support).
- Support to specify compression of each page in multipage tiff writing.
- Improved PNG encoder and interlacing, compression level customization, 48 and 64 bit PNG creation and predictor support added.
- RLE compression support for 8bpp BMP saving.
- 48 bit and 64 bit output support JPEG 2000 saving.
- Full ICC profile support for RGB and CMYK color spaces.
- Transparency support for EXR saving.
- WebP image support (reading and writing).
- Multipage ico reading support.
- Support for CMYKA, CMYK16 and CMYKA16 color spaces with ICM correction.
- Support for CMYKA and CMYK16A tiff creation.
- Thumbnail reading and writing in image structure.
- Accuracy of the automatic document recognition engine improved.
- Automatic document orientation detection speed and accuracy dramatically improved.
- Auto deskew up to 5 times faster.
- “Number of copies” and collate option support in the printing dialog boxes.
- Morphological Operators: Thinning, skeletonize, open, close.
- Native 16 bit per channel images filter support.
- Sobel and Prewitt Operators Edge Detectors filters.
- New Micro QR-Code Reader and Writer engine.
- New Patch Code Reader engine.
- 1D and 2D barcode detection speed (up to 2x faster) and accuracy improved.
Document Annotation Support
- GdPicture/XMP annotations can be burnt in vector mode into PDF
- Support for IPTC tags writing and editing.
- Support for GdPicture XMP annotation copy / paste.
- PDF/OCR creation from PDF keeping all input document content (fonts, text, bitmap, vectors, metadata, page structures…).
- GdPicture Tesseract Plugin is now based on Tesseract 3.02 and includes more languages.
- GdPicture Tesseract Plugin behavior can now be fully customized.
- AES 256 bit encryption support.
- Average page rendering time decreased by 20%. Up to 50% on bitmap based PDF.
- JPEG2000 compression scheme support for bitmap encoding.
- PDF parser to recover corrupted documents and to speed-up document reading / generation improved.
- Support for Adobe PPKLite digital signature.
GdPicture.NET 10 Editions and Plugins are still 100% royalty-free and a new annual maintenance option is now available with v10 licenses. With the GdPicture.NET Annual Maintenance Plan (AMC) the price is the same each year, regardless of the pricing changes related to major upgrades.
According to our policies all our GdPicture licenses come with a 6 month upgrade protection. Owners of a GdPicture.NET license version 9 since March 1st 2013 are eligible for a free upgrade to GdPicture.NET 10.
ORPALIS is creator, developer and owner of the comprehensive document imaging toolkit series released under the brand "GdPicture", which is now a worldwide known and respected leader in imaging technologies. More than 12,000 developers based in over 70 countries include GdPicture components in their applications. http://www.orpalis.com / http://www.gdpicture.com