PRLog - Aug. 13, 2014 - Lantronix (http://www.lantronix.com), Inc. (NASDAQ: LTRX), a leading global provider of smart IoT (Internet of Things) solutions,today announced the worldwide availability of its new PremierWave® SE1000 – a high performance, programmable, Ethernet-based System-on-Module (SOM) that enables hardware and software engineers to quickly and easily develop and deploy secure industrial IoT applications.
The PremierWave SE1000 SOM provides Ethernet networking connectivity to virtually any device and comes preloaded with full embedded Linux - making it easy to add custom software and applications. The PremierWave SE1000 is designed to be a solution for embedded applications that require simple development, ease of use and a proven robust high performing solution with Ethernet connectivity.
The PremierWave SE1000 provides numerous advantages that enable OEMs and developers of IoT-enabled products to:
· Accelerate time-to-market with less risk while utilising advanced integrated hardware and software
· Develop customised IoT applications rapidly using multiple programming language options, including C and Python
· Deploy secure network services easily
· Reduce hardware design costs and complexity via an industrial grade compact modular footprint
· Connect to various IoT cloud platforms, analytics platforms such as Google Analytics™ or other enterprise applications
· Simplify product deployment using production-ready Lantronix software management and system configuration modules
· Leverage long term deployment experience and knowledge base for M2M and IoT solutions
· Lower overall total cost of ownership across the product lifecycle
“Enterprises are now creating and adopting IoT and M2M applications to support mission critical activities across the organisation, and this trend is driving the need for robust embedded solutions with two key requirements – security and flexibility,” said Joe Rocci, President at Phoenix Broadband Technologies (http://www.phoenixbroadband.com/) – a global provider of remote monitoring systems to broadband network operators. “The new Lantronix PremierWave SE1000 delivers on both of those requirements, through an easy-to-integrate, compact and cost-effective development platform for rapid network connectivity.”
“We designed the PremierWave SE1000 to meet the specific needs of design engineers and system architects whose projects require a proven network connectivity solution that’s easy to integrate,” said Vishal Kakkad, Director of Product Marketing for Lantronix. “By leveraging our feature-rich, high performance SOM, engineering professionals can focus on their own core competencies and projects, and leave secure network connectivity to us. Customers using the PremierWave SE1000 can now save significant time and money while producing cutting edge IoT applications.”
The PremierWave® Family
The PremierWave SE1000 SOM is the latest addition to the Lantronix PremierWave® family of solutions, which is comprised of a diverse line of embedded SOMS and rugged intelligent gateways that provide secure connectivity and enable remote monitoring, access and control of devices for M2M and IoT applications:
· PremierWave® SE1000: High-performance embedded Ethernet SOM
· PremierWave® EN: High-performance embedded SOM with Ethernet and dual band 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi connectivity
· PremierWave® XC-HSPA+: High-performance intelligent gateway for 3.5G cellular connectivity
· PremierWave® XC (2G): High-performance intelligent gateway for 2G cellular connectivity
· PremierWave® XN: High-performance intelligent gateway for dual band 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi connectivity
How to Buy
Rosie Anderson / Jacob Greenwood
+44 (0) 1252 717040
Mark D. Tullio
© 2014 Lantronix, Inc. All rights reserved. Lantronix and PremierWave are registered trademarks of Lantronix, Inc. Google Analytics is a trademark of Google Inc. Specifications subject to change without notice.
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews