CHICAGO, IL--(Marketwired - Oct 23, 2014) - The Illinois Technology Association (ITA) will be holding its second annual Exploring the Internet of Things (IoT) Summit on November 20, 2014 to provide information and insights on the future of IoT technology.
"Since we held the first Exploring the IoT summit last year, technology -- and what we think of as technology -- has grown exponentially," said Fred Hoch, CEO, ITA. "As each day passes, consumers are introducing more connected devices into their lives. If your organization is not adapting to these technological advances, you'll be left trying to catch up to the competition. Our summit provides the opportunity for attendees not only learn about the current state of IoT, but to contribute to the discussion surrounding the future of this rapidly changing technology."
The City of Chicago has transformed into an incubator for the technology world and will continue to be a key player in the next evolution of IoT and other technologies. The Exploring the Internet of Things Summit is a daylong event consisting of moderated panel discussions with some of Chicago's top technology influencers.
Built into the event schedule is a networking reception to enable summit guests to connect with key technology leaders, c-level executives, heads of development and decision makers to further the discussion on the IoT. Attendees will also have opportunity to see IoT in action, with interactive exhibits from workplace health company Fitness Cubed and wearable device maker Ampy.
The ITA is pleased to announce the following speakers and moderators for this year's panels:
- Investing in the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Moderator: Howard Smith, Managing Director, First Analysis
- Karen Kerr, PhD, Senior Managing Director, Advanced Manufacturing of GE Ventures
- Guy Turner, Managing Director, Hyde Park Venture Partners
- Harald Zapp, Founder & CEO, relayr
- Exploring Mobile Health, Wearables and the Health Impact of the IoT
- Moderator: Jeremy Young, MD, MPH, Medical Director, Telehealth Service, University of Illinois College of Medicine
- Gary Conkright, CEO, Director & Founder, physIQ
- Dan Malven, Divisional VP, Therapeutic Conditions, Walgreens
- Drew Palin, Chemical Medical Innovation Officer, Preventice
- Hiring and Educational Considerations for the Internet of Things
- Moderator: Laura Frerichs, Director, Research Park and Economic Development, University of Illinois
- Erwin Cruz, Director, Innovation, W.W. Grainger, Inc.
- David Lipari, Director of Corporate Relations, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Engineering
- Adam Tilton, President and CEO, Rithmio, Inc.
- Smart Homes/Buildings, Smart Energy Delivery and Smart Cities
- Moderator: Fred Hoch, CEO, Illinois Technology Association (ITA)
- Mike Catterall, CEO, North America, Time Series Americas
- Mark Damm, CEO, Fuseforward Group
- Smart Cars and Smart Transportation
- Moderator: Peggy Smedley, Editor of Connected World Magazine
- Roman Kuropas, Founder & CEO, Innova UEV
- Kate-MeLynda Migon, Sales Director Automotive NAFTA, Gemalto M2M
- Cindy Paulauskas, COO, Rivet News Radio
- IoT from the Manufacturing Floor to the Retail Delivery
- Moderator: Don DeLoach, CEO, Infobright
- Phil Gerskovich, Senior Vice President of New Growth Businesses, Zebra Technologies Corp.
- Jason Lobel, CEO and Co-Founder, SwiftIQ
- Liam Quinn, Executive Director, Dell Fellow, Dell
- Dealing with the Impediments: Security, Privacy and Governance
- Moderator: Brenna Berman, Chicago Department of Innovation and Technology Commissioner and CIO, City of Chicago
- Michel Maeso, Vice President, Global Sales & Service, Alya Networks
Tickets and sponsorships are now available for the 2nd Annual Exploring the Internet of Things Summit at illinoistech.org/internetofthings. The cost of the event is $20 for ITA members and $90 for non-members. For additional information and event updates, follow the ITA on Twitter @ITABuzz or search #IoThings.
About the Illinois Technology Association
The Illinois Technology Association (ITA) is an enabling organization powering the growth of tech in Illinois. Through vibrant programs, services and strategic consulting, the ITA drives our dynamic industry by working to grow, build and elevate our members. For more information, visit www.illinoistech.org, follow ITA on Twitter at www.twitter.com/itabuzz, and view the ITA's Facebook profile at www.facebook.com/illinoistechnology.
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews