Roku, Verizon, LG, Sony, and Other Industry Leaders to Discuss OTT Video Market at CONNECTIONS™: The Premier Connected Home Conference, May 19-21
DALLAS, TX--(Marketwired - Apr 30, 2015) - Parks Associates announced new research today showing 27% of U.S. broadband households now own a streaming media device and nearly 90% of these households have these devices connected to the Internet. The firm's Q1 2015 consumer survey reveals more consumers bought a streaming media device than a Blu-ray player in the last 12 months and these devices have the highest connection rate among the top CE categories. By comparison, 77% of the households with a smart TV and less than 50% of those with a Blu-ray player have those devices connected.
"The paradigm is changing, thanks to the growing amount of online and OTT content available to connected CE, which has allowed streaming media devices to carve out a key niche in the connected home," said Barbara Kraus, Director of Research, Parks Associates. "With the popularity of content streaming, CE manufacturers must innovate to create unique user experiences. At CONNECTIONS™, we will hear from top executives about opportunities to innovate in areas such as picture quality and the user interfaces."
Kraus will discuss the new research 360 View: CE Adoption & Trends in several sessions at Parks Associates' 19th-annual CONNECTIONS™: The Premier Connected Home Conference, May 19-21, in San Francisco. The three-day executive conference features keynotes from Comcast, Nest, Samsung, and Verizon.
"Explosion of OTT Services," Tuesday, May 19, 3:15 p.m.:
- Mio Babic, President & CEO, iStreamPlanet
- Leah Belsky, Senior Vice President of Operations, Kaltura
- Chris Carey, Chief Product Officer, Verizon Digital Media Services
- Ed Lee, VP of Content Acquisition, Roku
"4K UHD TVs: The TV Landscape and Next Market Opportunity," Tuesday, May 19, 4:15 p.m.:
- Tim Alessi, Director of New Product Development, LG
- Satish Annapureddy, Sr. Director, Strategy & Business Development, NeuLion
- Philip Jones, Product Information Manager - Video, Sony
"Unlocking the Value of Personalization: Balancing Big Data and Privacy," Wednesday, May 20, 11:00 a.m.:
- Sefy Ariely, EVP Americas, Viaccess-Orca
- Ray Bariso, VP, Head of Operations and Business Support Solutions, Ericsson
- Daren Gill, Vice President of Products, Advanced Search and Recommendations, Rovi Corporation
- Stuart Rosove, VP, Advanced Solutions, Irdeto
- Robin Wilson, VP Business Development, NAGRA
"Streaming as Standard: The New User Experience," Wednesday, May 20, 1:15 p.m.:
- Rick Herman, Chief Strategy Officer, MobiTV
- Vishnu Rao, Director-Connected Platform, Sharp
- Ali Vassigh, Director of User Experience, Roku
- Yoel Zanger, CEO and Founder, Giraffic Technologies
CONNECTIONS Sponsors include Icontrol Networks, CEL, Assurant, Asurion, HP, Lowe's, Qualcomm, Resolution Products, ROC-Connect, Support.com, Affinegy, Alarm.com, Ayla Networks, EVRYTHNG, INSTEON, PlanetEcosystems, Prodea, Tyco, ULE Alliance, WeatherBug Home, Z-Wave, Greenwave Systems, Radialpoint, Zipato, AirTies, Amdocs, MivaTek, and Nortek Security & Control.
Media and organizations supporting the event include CEDIA, TWICE, AE Ventures, Appliance DESIGN Magazine, Best Web Design Agencies, BestSEOs.com, Bluetooth SIG, BoogarLists, Cablefax, Conference Guru, Connected Home World, CTIA Super Mobility 2015, Digital Trends, Entertainment Merchants Association, FierceCable, FierceMobileIT, FierceOnlineVideo, FierceTelecom, FierceWireless, HDTV Magazine, Home Energy Magazine, Home Gateway Initiative, HomePlug Alliance, HomeToys.com, Innovation & Tech Today, IoT Insights, IoT Perspectives, Light Reading, Mobile Monday, MoCA, NexTV Latam, NFC Forum, OSP Magazine, The Paypers, TelcoProfessionals, Thread Group, topSEOs.com, U-SNAP Alliance, UMTS Forum, Visibility Magazine, and Women Who Code.
The 19th-annual CONNECTIONS™: The Premier Connected Home Conference will take place May 19-21 at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport in San Francisco. CONNECTIONS™ hosts over 400 executives in the connected entertainment, IoT, and smart home industries in an intimate networking environment.
The event provides networking opportunities and insights from industry players on entertainment, mobile, and smart home market segments. Parks Associates research analysts moderate each session, which feature consumer research on adoption and trends, forecasts of new products and services, evaluation of new business strategies, and concrete recommendations about technology innovations, strategic partnerships, monetization opportunities, and value-added services. Throughout the three-day event, sponsors offer tabletop demos during networking events, spotlighting new technology innovations and services.
- ^ new research (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ Q1 2015 consumer survey (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ Barbara Kraus (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ 360 View: CE Adoption & Trends (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ CONNECTIONS™: The Premier Connected Home Conference (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ The following sessions (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ CONNECTIONS Sponsors (www.parksassociates.com)
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews