FORT MILL, S.C. – May 5, 2015 – Honeywell (NYSE: HON) has joined with Microsoft Corp. to deliver the Windows Embedded 8.1 Handheld platform to Honeywell’s latest mobile solution, the Dolphin™ 75e mobile computer. By taking advantage of this latest operating system, enterprise companies in manufacturing, retail, and transport and logistics can enhance security, improve the user experience and streamline mobile device management.
Together, Honeywell and Microsoft will provide hands-on training and development assistance for the new Dolphin 75e device, equipped with the Windows Embedded 8.1 operating system equipped with the ability to upgrade to Windows 10 in the future, at a series of global road shows throughout 2015, kicking off in May 2015 in Dallas. Other demonstrations will be in Atlanta, Chicago, London, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Montreal, Munich, New York City, Paris, São Paulo and Toronto.
· The Dolphin 75e mobile computer is the first in a series of devices from Honeywell designed to take full advantage of the modern interface introduced by the Windows Embedded 8.1 platform. Honeywell’s product road map relying on Windows Embedded 8.1 Handheld will offer a comprehensive set of solutions aimed to make businesses more agile, reduce IT management costs and increase employee productivity.
· Windows Embedded 8.1 Handheld, the successor to the widely adopted Windows Mobile and Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 operating systems, offers enterprises compelling reasons to migrate, including enhanced security, extended support lifecycle, including the ability to upgrade to Windows 10, a consistent user experience across desktop PCs and rugged devices, rapid deployment of applications and a low total cost of ownership.
· Powered by Windows Embedded 8.1 Handheld, the Dolphin 75e provides a modern touch interface built on a powerful processor architecture. It is ideally suited to support organizations that need to optimize productivity and onboard new workers quickly in a variety of workflows, including inventory and asset management, shelf stocking, customer engagement, check-in and reservations, and quality and auditing.
· Independent software vendors and solution providers can harness the added functionality of Honeywell’s latest solution and operating system platform to create applications that give mobile professionals access to richer content faster and more efficiently with decreased development time and costs.
· Taylor Smith, general manager of mobility, Honeywell Scanning & Mobility: “By working with Microsoft to deploy Windows Embedded 8.1 on our latest rugged mobile device, with the opportuunity to upgrade to Windows 10 in the future, we allow enterprises to protect their investments and maximize platform performance, ultimately helping them to conduct operations in a variety of environments. This joint effort addresses one of the biggest challenges our customers face — successfully managing operating system demands.”
· Rodney Clark, general manager of OEM IoT Device Experience, Microsoft:“Collaborating with Honeywell allows us to work with a global service and support network that fully understands the handheld terminal space. By focusing our Windows Embedded 8.1 operating system on industry devices, and combining with Honeywell’s next-generation devices, we are fully committed to support productivity gains and enhanced flexibility for customers now and into the future.”
Honeywell Scanning & Mobility (HSM) is a leading manufacturer of high-performance image- and laser-based data collection hardware, including rugged mobile computers and bar code scanners, radio frequency identification solutions, voice-enabled workflow and printing solutions. With the broadest product portfolio in the automatic identification and data collection industry, HSM provides data collection hardware for retail, healthcare, distribution centers, direct store delivery, field service and transportation and logistics companies seeking to improve operations and enhance customer service. Additionally, HSM provides advanced software, service and professional solutions that help customers effectively manage data and assets. HSM products are sold worldwide through a network of distributor and reseller partners. For more information on Honeywell Scanning & Mobility, please visit www.honeywellaidc.com.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes, and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com.
Windows is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Dolphin is a registered trademark or trademark of Honeywell International Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.