DALLAS, TX--(Marketwired - May 14, 2015) - Parks Associates today confirmed the keynote lineup for the 19th-annual CONNECTIONS™: The Premier Connected Home Conference. Executives from Comcast's Xfinity Home, Nest, Samsung, and Verizon will address the impact of the Internet of Things on the industries developing products and services for the connected consumer.
"These influential companies are driving the industry's agenda," said Stuart Sikes, President, Parks Associates. "The connected entertainment and smart home industries need to ensure that the consumer side of the IoT works seamlessly, securely, and with a flexible design capable of integrating future innovations. CONNECTIONS™ has extraordinary speakers from all players of the ecosystem this year, from smart home and connected entertainment to digital health and tech support."
Over 500 executives from the telecom, security, cable, utility, and retail markets will attend the event at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport Hotel, May 19-21. Parks Associates analysts will moderate all sessions and present new consumer research. The keynote schedule is as follows:
Tuesday, May 19
- 10:45 a.m. - Farooq Muzaffar, Vice President, Corporate Strategy & Development, Verizon, will present the opening keynote "Taking a Mobile-First Approach to the Smart Home." He will address what a mobile-first approach means to the smart home and how to apply lessons learned to traditional business models.
- 2:15 p.m. - Eric Anderson, VP, Content and Product Solutions; GM, Smart Home, Samsung, will present the afternoon keynote "Smart Home Breakthrough." He will discuss recent technology changes and innovations as well as the opportunities to build consumer trust and credibility with products and services that are dependable and easy to use.
Wednesday, May 20
- 10:00 a.m. - Daniel Herscovici, SVP & GM, Xfinity Home, Comcast Cable, will present the opening day keynote "Driving Adoption of the Smart Home." He will focus on the types of experiences needed to drive adoption of the smart home beyond the early adopters and tech enthusiasts to the mass market.
Thursday, May 21
CONNECTIONS™ Sponsors include Icontrol Networks, CEL, Assurant Solutions, Asurion, HP, Lowe's, Qualcomm, Resolution Products, ROC-Connect, Support.com, Affinegy, Alarm.com, Ayla Networks, EVRYTHNG, INSTEON, PlanetEcosystems, PlumChoice, Prodea, Tyco, ULE Alliance, WeatherBug Home, Z-Wave, Greenwave Systems, Radialpoint, Zipato, AirTies, Amdocs, MivaTek, and Nortek Security & Control.
Media and organizations supporting the event include CEDIA, TWICE, AE Ventures, Appliance DESIGN Magazine, Best Web Design Agencies, BestSEOs.com, Bluetooth SIG, BoogarLists, Cablefax, Conference Guru, Connected Home World, CTIA, Digital Trends, Entertainment Merchants Association, FierceCable, FierceMobileIT, FierceOnlineVideo, FierceTelecom, FierceWireless, HDTV Magazine, Home Energy Magazine, Home Gateway Initiative, HomePlug Alliance, HomeToys.com, Innovation & Tech Today, IOT Insights, IoT Perspectives, Light Reading, Mobile Monday, MoCA, NexTV Latam, NFC Forum, Online Payments Market Guide, OSP Magazine, TelcoProfessionals, The Paypers, Thread Group, topSEOs.com, U-SNAP Alliance, UMTS Forum, Visibility Magazine, and Women Who Code.
The 19th-annual CONNECTIONS™: The Premier Connected Home Conference will take place May 19-21 at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport in San Francisco. CONNECTIONS™ hosts over 400 executives in the connected entertainment, IoT, and smart home industries in an intimate networking environment.
The event provides networking opportunities and insights from industry players on entertainment, mobile, and smart home market segments. Parks Associates research analysts moderate each session, which feature consumer research on adoption and trends, forecasts of new products and services, evaluation of new business strategies, and concrete recommendations about technology innovations, strategic partnerships, monetization opportunities, and value-added services. Throughout the three-day event, sponsors offer tabletop demos during networking events, spotlighting new technology innovations and services.
- ^ CONNECTIONS™: The Premier Connected Home Conference (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ Stuart Sikes (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ "Taking a Mobile-First Approach to the Smart Home." (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ "Smart Home Breakthrough." (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ "Driving Adoption of the Smart Home." (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ CONNECTIONS™ Sponsors (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ Media and organizations supporting (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ www.connectionsus.com (www.connectionsus.com)
- ^ CONNECTIONS™ Industry Insights Blog (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ www.connectionsconference.com (www.connectionsconference.com)
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.