PHOENIX, Arizona – April 2, 2019 – Alien Technology, an industry leader in Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Ultra High Frequency (UHF) products and services, today announced the Higgs-9 IC, the first release of its next-generation of Higgs RFID semiconductor integrated circuits. The company also announced its newest high-memory inlays. The products were unveiled at RFID Journal LIVE! 2019 and are being featured in Alien’s Booth #803 throughout the event, April 2-4.
The new Higgs-9 enables enterprise-critical applications to run faster, smarter and with quicker ROI in RFID deployments. Incorporating the Higgs Sentinel™ Memory platform, the Higgs-9 offers superior write accuracy, memory retention and read reliability under the most extreme conditions. Higgs-9 provides a base 96-bit EPC field and 688-bit User Memory field which is relocatable to the EPC field for applications requiring an expanded EPC. No special software or commands are required.
“After testing the reliability and readability of Higgs-9, Alien partners are already providing RFID solutions to the market based on the capabilities of this new IC,” said Mike Hetrick, Alien Technology’s Vice President of Global Sales. “We expect Higgs-9 to accelerate the already rapid adoption of RFID in manufacturing, retail, aerospace and other key verticals globally.”
“The improved sensitivity of the Higgs-9 chip, coupled with its expanded memory capacity, makes it a great fit for our asset-tagging customers,” said Robert Oberle, Co-Founder and CTO, Vizinex RFID. “We routinely encounter challenges from our OEM customers looking for greater read range in a smaller footprint tag, as well as encoding capability beyond the standard 96 or 128 bit EPC memory allocation. The Higgs-9 will be a valuable addition to our product portfolio.”
The first wave of tags utilizing the Higgs-9 IC are:
- ALN-9954 “G”: The newest version of the popular ALN-9954 inlay, G is used extensively on automotive windshields for high-speed toll and access control as well as in other demanding applications requiring extra sensitivity and high memory.
- ALN-9940 “Squiggle”: Squiggle is one of the industry’s most widely-utilized tags and is ideal for general-purpose item/asset tracking on a variety of surfaces.
- ALN-9962 “Short”: The narrower-format sibling to Squiggle, Short has been optimized with Higgs-9 for higher memory applications including government-issued ID cards, personnel badges and any applications requiring Squiggle performance but in a smaller form factor.
About Alien Technology
Founded in 1994, Alien Technology, LLC is a passive RFID industry pioneer and leading provider of high-quality RFID innovations, technologies and products. Alien solves the Identification of Things™ (IoT) through the provision of UHF passive RFID transceiver chips, tags, inlays and labels, fixed & mobile readers and a full range of related professional services.
Alien Gen 2 products, along with software solutions from the industry's foremost partner network, help solve business problems for customers to improve productivity, processes, security and accurate asset tracking for closed-loop and supply chain systems. These solutions are implemented in industries such as consumer packaged goods, retail apparel, manufacturing, transportation, airports and cargo logistics, government and defense and more. Alien’s facilities include corporate headquarters in San Jose, CA; the Alien RFID Solutions Center in the Dayton, OH region; and sales offices in Brazil, China, Italy and Singapore. Alien is a member of EPCglobal, GS1 and RAIN. Learn more at www.alientechnology.com
Other Barcode news of interest:
- NiceLabel Launches Global Partner Program
- Shopbrain App Uses Barcode Scanning To Do Price Comparisons
- Linux Foundation Welcomes New Members Including RFID Lab
- Impinj Technology Innovations to Enable IoT Functionality for Trillions of Everyday Items
- PERVASID NOMINATED FOR PRESTIGIOUS RFID JOURNAL AWARD #RFIDLive
- Leading Mobile Data Capture Technology Provider ScanForce Announces Integration with Sage Intacct
- Lisa Dolan, VP of Supply Chain Strategy at ALOM, Named SDCE 2019 Pro to Know of the Year