First of its kind verification system ensures a quality label with every print
FORT MILL, S.C., April 16, 2019 – Honeywell (NYSE: HON) has introduced a new high-performance industrial printer with integrated label verification and precision printing features that deliver error-free printing.
The Honeywell PX940 Industrial Printer features the industry’s first internal verification system providing customers with defect free and accurate barcodes every time. With pass/fail and American National Standards Institute grades from 1 to 4, barcodes that do not meet an established threshold are retracted, voided and a new label is reprinted.
With the integrated verifier, customers required to comply with regulatory standards will no longer be subjected to fines and other costs associated with barcodes that cannot be scanned. Complying with these regulatory standards are vital for many industries, including transportation and logistics, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, shipping and distribution, industrial manufacturing and automotive parts manufacturers.
“We have seen retailers charge back up to 20 percent of a shipment value if a barcode is not complaint to their standards, usually at a costly fine,” said Taylor Smith, chief marketing officer of Honeywell’s Productivity Products business. “The integrated verifier and Honeywell’s advanced image processing software records all data to the cloud, ensuring customers never have a poor-quality label.”
The PX940 can produce up to 10,000 labels per day and can support heavy-duty printing and high print quality in rugged environments. With standard features such as Bluetooth and smart printing capability, users can configure and fine-tune settings without the need for a host computer by running apps on the printer – eliminating the need for a connected PC.
With printing registration of two-tenths of a millimeter, the industrial printer will print accurately on small labels edge to edge with virtually no error tolerance.
Label making software for the PX940 can be downloaded from the Honeywell Marketplace, an enterprise app store designed to provide businesses with direct access to software and solutions developed by Honeywell and third-party developers.
The PX940 can connect to Honeywell Operational Intelligence, an intuitive cloud-based software solution that systematically tracks, manages and optimizes devices – across all locations – throughout the operational lifecycle and the return to manufacturer authorization process. Honeywell Operational Intelligence can also be found on the Honeywell Marketplace.
Honeywell Safety and Productivity Solutions (SPS) provides products, software and connected solutions that improve productivity, workplace safety and asset performance for our customers across the globe. We deliver on this promise through industry-leading mobile devices, software, cloud technology and automation solutions, the broadest range of personal protective equipment and gas detection technology, and custom-engineered sensors, switches and controls. We also manufacture and sell a broad portfolio of footwear for work, play and outdoor activities, including XtraTufTM and Muck BootTM brand footwear.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 technology company that delivers industry specific solutions that include aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings and industry; and performance materials globally. Our technologies help everything from aircraft, buildings, manufacturing plants, supply chains, and workers become more connected to make our world smarter, safer, and more sustainable. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywell.com/newsroom
-- more news:
- Mark & Read Enables Real-Time Code Verification for More Applications
- BarTender 2019 Introduces Innovative, Powerful Features for Enterprise Labeling
- Shareholder Value is Inextricably Linked to Supply Chain Performance in Univ of Tennessee White Paper
- Liveclicker Releases LiveCoupon, a New Capability for Distributing Personalized Coupon Codes in Email Marketing Messages
- SAE International Updates Key Technical Standard that Addresses Counterfeit Parts in Aerospace Supply Chain
- A New Era for Supply Chain #Promat
- Impinj to Announce First Quarter 2019 Financial Results
- Cognex Corporation Announces Resignation of CFO
- Magnolia Pictures Joins Entertainment Identifier Registry Association
- Barcoding, Inc. to Exhibit and Host Two On-floor Seminars at ProMat 2019
- Smartrac and 4E Antenna Enter Technology Partnership to Strengthen Sustainability and Advance the 'Green Tag' Program
- Alien Technology Unveils Next Generation High-Memory RFID IC and Tags
- NiceLabel Launches Global Partner Program