CLEARWATER, Fla. (PRWEB) May 10, 2019
Datex recently announced the debut of a new feature in its award-winning warehouse management software that helps improve order fulfillment accuracy. The new pack verification feature included in Datex FootPrint® WMS software reduces errors, processing time and labor when packing and shipping product from a fulfillment warehouse, 3PL or distribution center. The pack verification feature is fast and easy to use.
Using handheld mobile devices or barcode readers, warehouse workers scan the box in order to view its contents. The new pack verification feature displays images of each item in the box on the user interface of the WMS. Warehouse workers find this streamlines the package checking process. The visual interface provides an easy-to-use visual check on the package contents, reducing the time typically required to verify the order against the package contents. Images of each product in warehouse inventory are stored in a database and can be updated at any time.
The new pack verification process works especially well for warehouse operations that pick to tote. When bringing the order to a packing station, the tote can be scanned, and the contents displayed on the software user interface. The pack verification process can be executed similarly to a grocery store check-out procedure. Using product images on the warehouse management system screen eliminates the need to compare product names and identifiers, reducing processing time and errors. In addition, the warehouse management software automatically calculates the weight and dimensions, so that workers can validate against it. In addition, packing lists, gift tags and other printed items can be generated from the same screen.
“Clients who have seen the new Datex pack verification feature absolutely love it. Some are setting up touch screen monitors at packing stations in fulfillment centers so that a quick visual confirmation can be conducted to complete the packing process. According to our clients, using the pack verification tool can provide a competitive edge in winning new fulfillment business" explained Michael Armanious, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Datex.
Another use for the new pack verification feature is for use in pharmaceutical sample management and processing. The Datex WMS pack verification feature is ideal for warehouse operators that use cartonization. Datex FootPrint® WMS Integrates with Cubiscan as well as digital scales and can be used simultaneously at multiple pack stations to maximize efficiency.
In business for over 40 years, Datex provides end-to-end technology solutions for supply chain operations including warehouse management software, mobile computers and printers and services including EDI, integrations, implementation, training and project management. Datex software is used for e-commerce omnichannel order fulfillment and 3PL operations as well as in other industries such as pharmaceutical and healthcare.
- SoulCycle Selects enVista to Support Rapid Growth, Customer Satisfaction Through Omni-Channel Solutions
- Lab to Showcase Self-Driving Supply Chain Solutions at SAPPHIRE NOW®
- TEKLYNX International Earns Two Stevie® Awards in the 2019 American Business Awards®
- Heilind Electronics Adds BradyPrinter M611 Mobile Label Printer
- Zebra Technologies Announces First-Quarter 2019 Results
- Cognex Reports Results for the First Quarter of 2019
- Impinj Reports First Quarter 2019 Financial Results
- Padlock Seal Offers 1D Barcode, 2D and QR code Marking Options
- Supply Chain Solutions for Global Brands; Integrated Services Provide Speed to Market for Multi-Unit Programs
- Asset Tracking System Reveals Enhancements to its Reservation Feature
- Beaconstac Launches an Innovative QR Code Marketing Solution With Online Retargeting
- Avery Dennison Announces First Quarter 2019 Results
- Socket Mobile Reports First Quarter Revenue Growth and Profitable Operating Results
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews