Scanbuy Consumer Behavior Survey of ScanLife App Users Shows Majority Seeking
Deals and New Product Information on Regular Basis
NEW YORK CITY – mobile engagement solutions provider, today released the results of a survey of its ScanLife app users, revealing the buying behaviors and opinions of thousands of mobile shoppers.– Scanbuy, Inc., the world’s leading
More than 15,000 people responded to survey questions inside the ScanLife app over a 30-day period in June 2014. Some of the more compelling results include:
- More than half of respondents (51%) said they use coupon apps once or twice a month while 20% use them daily
- Nearly half of respondents (47%) said they will sometimes try a new product by receiving a coupon/discount offer while 23% said they “almost always” will
- Food and beverage was the top product category for using coupons and discount offers (55%), followed by apparel (15%) and electronics (13%)
- One in four survey respondents said they use mobile discount coupons every day while another 38% said they use coupons weekly
- When interested in a new product, most respondents (56%) said they conduct online search, followed by scanning a product barcode (20%) or visiting a store (15%)
- Receiving product discounts and coupons was the information survey respondents wanted most from scanning (75%), while receiving new product information was the second most popular reason.
“Our survey of ScanLife users demonstrates the ever-increasing influence of smartphones on consumer shopping behavior and attitudes,” said Maryann Moschides, vice president of marketing at Scanbuy. “Marketers should take note that the majority of mobile consumers are hungry for personalized deals and promotions from their favorite brands to help them save money and discover new products and services.”
ScanLife is used by people around the world to discover new information from their real-world environment every day through QR Code and product barcode scans, and other mobile triggers. The refreshed ScanLife app now also provides consumers the opportunity to receive personalized deals and promotions based on their preferences and interests.
The survey was offered to ScanLife mobile app users across numerous verticals and geographies. To access the ScanLife Consumer Behavior infographic with additional survey results, please visit: http://www.scanlife.com/trend-reports/consumer-behavior-preferences-infographic
Scanbuy is the global leader in developing mobile engagement solutions that power intelligent connections between the physical and digital world. The ScanLife suite of products consists of a cloud-based platform used by a wide variety of industries including retail, CPG, and media to create, manage and monitor dynamic mobile engagement campaigns. The ScanLife mobile app is used by tens of millions of people around the world to discover new information and is available for all major platforms including Android and iOS.
ScanLife processes tens of millions of mobile barcode scans as well as Microsoft Tag, mobile URL requests and NFC engagements from over 150 different countries. It is headquartered in New York City with local offices throughout North America, Europe and Latin America. Scanbuy has the largest and oldest patent portfolio of any company in the industry, owning 19 patents globally and licensing more than 40 patents to cover our entire solution. The company’s investors include Motorola Solutions Ventures, Google Inc., and Masthead Venture Partners. For more information, visit us at www.scanlife.com.
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews