NEW TECHNOLOGY UNVEILED AT 2014 PACK EXPO INTERNATIONAL
Hands-free Wearable Solution and Compact Vehicle Mount Computer will be on Display Giving Customers a Glimpse into the Future of Distribution and Warehousing
FORT MILL, S.C. – Nov. 2014 – As distribution center operators look ahead to stay competitive in 2015 and beyond, Honeywell (NYSE: HON) today announced two new innovative products designed to boost operations – a versatile hands-free wearable solution engineered to drive efficiency, productivity and accuracy inside the four walls of the warehouse, and the Thor™ CV31 vehicle mount computer, combining the latest computing technology into a compact enclosure that minimizes driver obstruction. Both products will be on display at the 2014 Pack Expo International in Chicago from Nov. 2–5, 2014, in the Honeywell booth #10534 at McCormick Place.
“Distribution center operators are looking for the most flexible, application-expandable and future-proofed solutions,” said Bruce Stubbs, director of industry marketing, Honeywell Scanning & Mobility. “With innovative technology like wearable devices and compact vehicle mount computers, Honeywell is able to deliver to small and large customers worldwide the solutions they need to keep up with the pace and competition of business today and well into the future.”
Honeywell Wearable Solution
An interactive display at the booth will feature the new wearable device – a hands-free, wrist-mounted version of the Dolphin™ 70e Black mobile device specifically designed for warehouse operations including picking, packing and shipping.
· For information technology leaders looking for the benefits of hands-free operations but who cannot afford to re-engineer their devices, the Honeywell Wearable Solution is a cost-effective option that allows the use of a general-purpose device for a wide variety of enterprise applications;
· Featuring a more comfortable and hygienic armband than conventional wearables, the Honeywell Wearable Solution is designed to be worn for extended periods of time and be shared easily between workers. With its large display, flexible touchscreen keypads, Windows® Embedded Handheld 6.5 operating system architecture and support for tethered and BT ring scanners, the Wearable Solution is ideally suited to give workers the freedom of movement to maximize workflow productivity;
· The Honeywell Wearable Solution incorporates a valuable combination of ergonomics, ruggedness and large screen size to empower workers with the hands-free convenience to handle more tasks with fewer disruptions to workflow;
· The Honeywell Wearable Solution will begin shipping globally in December.
Thor CV31 Vechicle Mount Computer
Also featured at the show is the Thor CV31 vehicle-mount computer. Suited for warehouse operations, the CV31 displays supply chain workflow information in a manner that is easily seen, within reach, yet never in the way.
· The CV31’s unique, compact enclosure design improves driver visibility by more than 20 percent compared to competing devices;
· Optimized for forklift and other vehicle installations, the CV31 features an internal 30-minute backup battery and ignition control, keeping drivers productive by eliminating reboots and re-connect idle time after vehicle battery swaps;
· The device runs Microsoft® Windows® Embedded Compact 7 operating system and features a 6.5” LED-backlit display, 1.5 GHz dual-core CPU, and 1GB RAM for optimal performance;
· The Thor CV31 will begin shipping globally later this month.
Throughout the week of Pack Expo, Honeywell will highlight key news, features and multimedia on these new products and more on its website (https://www.honeywellaidc.com) and social media channels.
Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Thor and Dolphin are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Honeywell International Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes, and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com.
Honeywell Scanning & Mobility (HSM) is a leading manufacturer of high-performance image- and laser-based data collection hardware, including rugged mobile computers and bar code scanners, radio frequency identification solutions, voice-enabled workflow and printing solutions. With the broadest product portfolio in the automatic identification and data collection industry, HSM provides data collection hardware for retail, healthcare, distribution centers, direct store delivery, field service and transportation and logistics companies seeking to improve operations and enhance customer service. Additionally, HSM provides advanced software, service and professional solutions that help customers effectively manage data and assets. HSM products are sold worldwide through a network of distributor and reseller partners. For more information on Honeywell Scanning & Mobility, please visit www.honeywellaidc.com.
Other articles on Warehouse Management Technology that you need to read:
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.