IGNITE 2015 Topics Include Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), Track & Trace, Procurement & Sourcing Optimization, Social Networking and More
FRANKFURT, GERMANY and WAYNE, PA--(Marketwired - Oct 12, 2015) - Elemica, the leading Supply Chain Operating Network provider for the process industries, recently held their IGNITE 2015 Supply Chain Conference in Düsseldorf, Germany. Attendees included supply chain leaders from global chemical, tire & rubber, energy, agricultural and pharmaceutical companies. Featured presentations provided strategic insights into the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), serialization and track & trace in pharmaceuticals, innovation in sourcing and procurement, social media for business-to-business collaboration, and gaining greater visibility across the extended value chains of the process industries.
"The Elemica IGNITE European conference covered many industry trends and game-changing solutions companies can use to win the market," said Ed Rusch, VP Corporate Marketing at Elemica. "A big thank you to all involved -- clients, industry analysts, prospective customers, and product managers -- for sharing their strategic insights and leading discussions on superior supply chain visibility, agility, performance and innovation."
Lessons learned from the EU Ignite Conference include:
- Valentijn de Leeuw, Vice President of ARC Advisory Group - "Smart Manufacturing." Valentijn reviewed the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). Providing connectivity between supply chain trading partners, facilities and equipment enables companies to make more meaningful decisions and achieve better performance at lower costs.
- Stefan Artlich, Director Product Tracking & Authentication, Bayer Technology Services - "Serialization and Track & Trace in the Pharmaceutical Industry." Stefan presented the evolving industry regulations requiring product verification by every supply chain partner. For success, companies need a confirmed business objective (such as reducing counterfeits), a business network (like Elemica's), data collection, and printing technologies.
- Gert Van Der Heijden, Executive Editor, Spend Matters - "Sourcing and Procurement and Innovation." Gert presented supplier relationship strategies that unlock innovation and performance. For success, companies need to evaluate their relationships beyond cost, be a reliable partner, share roadmap and issues, and measure aspects of the relationship.
- Mark Babbitt, Author and President, Swift & Shift - "A World Gone Social." Mark advanced the idea that social is really a mindset, and companies need to 'listen' to their customers and the market via social media. Leaders adopting this mindset are able to better align their companies to their customers and employees, truly engage with others, and positively change the culture in their organization.
- Michael Okon, Head of Inbound Supply Chain Management, Continental - "Gaining Visibility and Value in the Supply Chain." Michael presented how Continental uses Elemica's business network to automate their purchase orders, perform VMI operations, manage inbound trucks and containers, and track & trace their ocean shipments. Connectivity and visibility equals value; not only for processes, but also for people.
On-demand viewing of the presentations from Elemica IGNITE 2015 Europe are available online at http://resources.elemica.com/h/c/212968-conferences-and-events. On October 20, 2015, Elemica will host the North American IGNITE event in Philadelphia. For more information and to register to attend, visit: http://www.elemicaignite.com/na/register/.
Elemica is the leading Supply Chain Operating Network for the process industries. Elemica transforms supply chains by replacing manual and complex approaches with efficient and reliable ones. Launched in 2000, customers like BASF, BP, Continental, The Dow Chemical Company, DuPont, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, LANXESS, Michelin, Shell, Solvay, Sumitomo Chemical, Wacker and more process nearly $400B in commerce value annually on the network. Elemica drives bottom line results by promoting reduced cost of operations, faster process execution, automation of key business processes, removal of transactional barriers, and seamless information flow between trading partners. For more information, visit www.elemica.com.
- ^ Elemica (ctt.marketwire.com)
- ^ Supply Chain Operating Network (ctt.marketwire.com)
- ^ http://resources.elemica.com/h/c/212968-conferences-and-events (ctt.marketwire.com)
- ^ http://www.elemicaignite.com/na/register/ (ctt.marketwire.com)
- ^ Elemica (ctt.marketwire.com)
- ^ www.elemica.com (ctt.marketwire.com)