The GS1 US GTIN Validation Guide has recently been updated to include links to GS1 Canada and GS1 UK Member Organizations, who now also publish a list of the GS1 Company Prefixes they have licensed to end users.
The download link is provided below for your reference:
About the GTIN Validation Guide:
The Universal Product Code (U.P.C.) contains a series of numbers (called Global Trade Item Numbers or GTINs) used to uniquely identify products globally. Whether you are an e-Tailer, retailer, ecommerce platform provider, content aggregators or content distributor you need to know when a Global Trade Item Number® (GTIN®) is valid and correctly assigned according to GS1 Standards—the key component of data validation within the systems that use GTINs. As the organization that assigns Company Prefix Numbers, the foundation of GTINs, GS1 US is uniquely positioned to ensure their accuracy and authenticity. A correct GTIN is the key to accurate product data that can align physical products with the right digital data. And good product data means more sales.
What can the GTIN Validation Guide help you do?
- Find and resolve incorrect, duplicate, or conflicting product information
- Improve overall product data by ensuring proper GTIN usage
- Improve the accuracy and quality of online and physical product data, ensuring a better customer experience
- Empower search engines to provide more precise search results
What’s included in the GTIN Validation Guide?
- An overview of GTIN components, construction, formats, and allocation rules
- A five-step process on how to validate GTINs
Who should download the Guide?
- Solution providers who create software and services that modify product data, including GTINs
- Retailers, e-tailers, and e-commerce platform providers and operators
- Companies engaged in product data analysis
Click on the image at the top to see the GS1 YouTube video.