NEW YORK, May 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
"Growing demand in the healthcare industry to drive the market for smart labels"
The global market for smart labels will grow from USD 4.45 billion in 2016 to reach USD 10.03 billion by 2021, at an estimated CAGR of 17.65%. The market for smart labels is driven by growing demand in a variety of industries such as automotive, retail, FMCG, healthcare, and manufacturing, in both developed and developing countries. To track the activities of patients, hospital staff, inventory management, and patients' database, smart labels are highly preferred in the healthcare industry.
"Sensing labels projected to grow at a healthy CAGR during the forecast period."
The sensing labels segment is projected to be the fastest-growing technology in the smart labels market in the next five years. Sensing labels are gaining preferences in industries such as food & beverages and healthcare as these labels help to sense changes in temperature, oxygen, carbon dioxide, and others.
"Asia-Pacific to be the fastest-growing market during the forecast period."
The Asia-Pacific region is projected to be the fastest-growing market during the forecast period, followed by Europe, from 2016 to 2021. Japan accounted for the largest consumption of smart labels, followed by China in 2015. In North America, the U.S. is the largest consumer of smart labels.
Breakdown of Primaries:
In-depth interviews have been conducted with various key industry participants, subject-matter experts, C-level executives of key market players, and industry consultants, among other experts, to obtain and verify critical qualitative and quantitative information as well as assess future market prospects. Distribution of primary interviews is as follows:
By Company Type: Tier1 – 41%, Tier 2 – 17%, and Tier 3 – 42%
By Designation: C-level – 48%, Manager Level – 32%, and Others – 20%
By Region: North America – 44%, Europe – 19%, Asia-Pacific – 28%, and RoW – 9%
Note: The tier of the companies is defined on the basis of their total revenue, as of 2014. Tier 1: Revenue >USD 500 million, Tier 2: Revenue USD 100 to 500 million, and Tier 3: Revenue
The various suppliers of smart labels profiled in the report are:
1. CCL Industries, Inc. (Canada)
2. Checkpoint Systems, Inc. (U.S.)
3. Avery Dennison Corporation (U.S.)
4. Muhlbauer Holding Ag & Co. Kgaa (Germany)
5. Sato Holdings Corporation (Japan)
6. Alien Technology Inc. (U.S.)
7. Invengo Information Technology Co., Ltd. (China)
8. Smartrac N.V. (The Netherlands)
9. Zebra Technologies Corporation (U.S.)
10. Thin Film Electronics ASA (Norway)
11. ASK S.A. (France)
12. Graphic Label, Inc. (U.S.)
13. Displaydata Ltd. (U.K.)
14. Willian Frick & Company (U.S.)
15. Intermec Inc. (U.S.) [Honeywell International Inc.]
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the smart labels market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments across the different verticals and regions.
2. The report helps stakeholders to understand the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. This report will help stakeholders to better understand their competitors and gain more insights into their position in the business
Read the full report:
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Other Bar Code blogs that may interest you:
- Zebra First Quarter 2016 Results - Net Sales Down Compared to 1Q15
- Bayshore Networks Raises $6.6 Million From Trident Capital Cybersecurity and Investors
- Hitachi Unveils Lumada Internet of Things Core Platform
- Sensor Tadpole voted “Best New Product” at #RFIDLive 2016
- ELAN International Selects NGC's Apparel ERP and Shop Floor Control
- Polyonics Exhibits New Materials for Barcode Tags and Labels at AISTech
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews