FORT MILL, S.C., July 19, 2016 – Honeywell (NYSE: HON) today announced the release of its new high-performance 8670 Wireless Ring Scanner with Bluetooth® technology, a compact, lightweight scanner that fits comfortably on a finger to allow workers to keep both hands free when completing their tasks.
The new scanner uses Bluetooth technology to connect to a range of computing devices such as PCs, laptops, tablets, vehicle-mounted computers, rugged mobile computers and smartphones.
The 8670 Wireless Ring Scanner delivers high-speed decoding, motion tolerance and the ability to decode poor quality or damaged bar codes. The 2D imager can also be used as a 1D scanner and can capture small bar codes in high detail.
“By pairing this new Bluetooth ring scanner with devices such as Honeywell’s Dolphin™ 70e mobile computer or Thor VM2 vehicle-mount computer, customers can enhance productivity by enabling their workers to use both hands for a range of tasks, from picking and stocking to package handling and truck loading,” said Stan Zywicki, director, Scanning, Honeywell Sensing and Productivity Solutions. “The added benefit for businesses is that this solution works with any Bluetooth-capable host device, meaning customers are not locked into a limited set of computers.”
Because the scanner is separated from the Bluetooth and battery module, the 8670 Wireless Ring Scanner is lightweight and comfortable for workers. The soft, elastomeric finger and wrist straps provide comfort, are impervious to moisture and are easily cleaned. The new ring scanner can be used across all areas of a distribution center, as well as in the field in transportation, logistics and retail environments.
Learn more about the 8670 Wireless Ring Scanner
Other exciting news articles at Pointofsale.com
- ZipBooks raises $2M in seed funding, taps leadership from InsideSales.com
- Zebra Technologies Adopts Invisible Barcode to Boost Efficiency for Retailers
- Macy’s Pilots IBM’s Watson In Partnership With Satisfi For In-Store, Personalized Shopping
- Epipoli and Sagarmatha Shopper Insight Services Strengthen Relationship Marketing
- Yankee Candle Selects Aptos Retail Solutions to Support Omni-Channel RetailingCommerce
- Exhibitors Announced for 2016 Retail Realm Partner & User Conference
- BIXOLON Named Global Leader in the Mobile Receipt Printer Market for a Third Year
- Total Merchant Services Introduces Secure Cloud-Based "Card Not Present" Solutions
- PTIN Directory Selects Bizfi for Access to Funding for Accountants, Small Biz Clients
- TableSafe Pay-at-the-Table Technology Achieves PCI Certification
Find out about getting your company's products and services listed on Pointofsale.com - download a media kit by clicking here
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews