Carol Stream, Ill (PRWEB) December 06, 2016
The IoT (Internet of Things) biggest trailblazers are setting out to help a new generation navigate the road from the classroom to a connected society across the globe.
That is why, Connected World magazine is pleased to name the 2017 Pioneers Award winners, celebrating the leaders in research and education who are responsible for laying down the foundation to some of today’s greatest breakthroughs in IoT and M2M.
These 10 scholars, selected by the editorial staff of Connected World magazine, are heading up groundbreaking labs and organizations at some of the country’s most prestigious universities, yet their determination to push the limits of the IoT extends far beyond any university or college campus. Whether they are collaborating with big business on the latest platforms or devices, undertaking years’ worth of research, or simply extending guidance to a young student, each one of this year’s pioneers aims to enrich the lives and the world around them.
“This year’s pioneers are a great representation of where the IoT started and where it is headed,” says Peggy Smedley, editorial director, Connected World magazine. “Each one of these individuals brings his or her unique level of sincerity, creativity, and tutelage that will make their contributions to the IoT shine for years to come.”
The 10 recipients of the 2017 Pioneers Award are:
- Ted Herman, University of Iowa
- Behrokh Khoshnevis, University of Southern California
- Chandra Krintz, UC Santa Barbara
- Vivian Loftness, CMU
- Govind Rao, University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- Carlo Ratti, SENSEable City Lab, MIT
- Sanjay Sarma, MIT
- Sabine Seymour, Parsons, The New School
- Joshua Smith, University of Washington
- Greg Thomas, University of Kansas
About Connected World magazine
Connected World is the business and technology publication that provides the intelligence industry titans need and the guidance consumers crave. It’s all about M2M and IoT. connectedworld.com
Share article on social media or email:
- David H. Williams Named Director of OE Sales, Marketing and Strategic Planning for Denso..
- Raiffeisen Bank Enhances Consumer Experience with Contactless Card Technology
- Luminex wins R&D 100 Award for ARIES Systems
- NFC Forum Innovation Awards Open for Submissions
- Identiv Recognized by American Security Today with 2016 ASTORS Homeland Security Award
- Supermarket Improves Inventory Management With Handheld Computers
- Visa and Mastercard Approve Smartrac’s Wire Booster Antenna
- SMARTRAC Unveils Dual Frequency Prelam for Convenient Contactless Card Applications
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.