Chicago, IL (PRWEB) March 23, 2017
HaulHound, a tech startup seeking to eliminate billions of dollars in inefficiencies in the logistics industry, is proud to launch an innovative suite of features to its free online platform and mobile app for truck drivers and shippers. The new features, including instantaneous digital freight matching, come after extensive user testing and feedback and will be unveiled at the Mid-America Trucking Show in Louisville, KY on March 23-25.
30% of trucks on the road are empty at any given time because they are unable to find a shipper with appropriate freight, a costly number for the logistics industry and consumers alike. With conventional load-listing services, truckers typically wait up to 24 hours or more to receive a response from shippers. These hours waiting are a total loss for all parties and many times force drivers to hit the road empty.
To solve this problem, HaulHound now offers instant, automated results with its digital freight matching feature. A truck driver can simply enter his or her specifications and then immediately receive a list of available loads to fill their empty trucks. HaulHound has further raised the bar by offering this time- and money-saving premium service at no cost.
“As a former small fleet owner-operator, I knew truck drivers didn’t need more things to buy and I wanted to level the playing field by connecting small fleet owners with big-time shippers and loads,” said co-founder Chris Faltin. “We believe access to information should be free,” contends co-founder Andrew Kim. “We are industry veterans who want to modernize this industry to make life easier and cost effective for all logistics professionals.”
To round out the platform update, HaulHound is also launching the following new features:
- Quick-Pay options in partnership with industry expert Express Freight Finance, which formerly worked with DAT and GetLoaded, to help truckers get paid sooner
- Lane alerts, like hotel and flight price alerts, notify shippers when a driver is available to move a load at a pre-determined cost
- Compatibility with three times more equipment types and special load capabilities that other services overlook
Mr. Kim, with a supply chain management background, and his co-founder Chris Faltin, a third generation truck driver, bring together both halves of the logistics equation. Additionally, HaulHound was developed with the guidance of board member Greg Conley, who was instrumental at the start of the digital revolution of the travel industry 30 years ago as CEO of Galileo (now Travelport).
About HaulHound: Founded in 2016, HaulHound's mission is to compile and organize logistics information and make it easily accessible and cost-effective for anyone to Find and Fill Empty Trucks.
- Silicon Valley Pooki’s Mahi™ Standardizes Fulfillment For All Marketplaces
- Supply Chain’s #1 Event and Conference Has a New Brand, CSCMP Edge 2017
- Harvard Study: RFID Has The Potential to Improve Patient Safety by Reducing Errors
- Delhaize Selects RELEX Solutions’ Supply Chain Planning to Help Fresh Produce Retail
- Siemens Solution Partner Patti Engineering to Present Seminar “UHF RFID on Factory Floor”
- Lewis N. Clark Releases New Anti-Theft RFID-Blocking Secura Collection
- Festo Emphasizes Industry 4.0 and Smart Manufacturing at Manufacturing in America 2017
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.