Solution Selected as Finalist for RILA’s 2017 Tech Asset Protection Innovation Awards
NEW ORLEANS – April 10, 2017 – Checkpoint Systems, a leading global supplier of Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) and RFID solutions for the retail industry, today announced here at the Retail Asset Protection Conference its Density Tag designed for the critical protection of boxed store merchandise.
It also announced that Density Tag has been selected as a finalist for RILA’s 2017 Tech Asset Protection Innovation Awards, which are being announced here at the show.
This innovative merchandise tag from Checkpoint's Alpha High Theft line of products protects valuable items inside packaged merchandise by “sensing” presence through the box. If the item is removed from the package, the change in measured density results in an alarm. The Density Tag offers the ultimate protection of the actual merchandise inside the box, helping to prevent malicious customer fraud, without the need for puncturing a hole in the packaging.
According to Stuart Rosenthal, VP of Sales & Marketing for the Checkpoint/Alpha High-Theft Solutions, “We’re excited to introduce this innovative protection of boxed merchandise to retailers and are proud that based upon RILA’s evaluation, we have been named a finalist for the Tech Asset Protection Innovation Awards.”
Key features include the following:
• AM or RF technology
• 2- or 3-Alarm®
• 95 dBA alarm
• Flashing LED light
• Isolated sound chamber
• Easy to apply and remove by retailers
When using the 3-alarm version, an EAS alarm activates a breach occurs. An early detection alarm sounds when merchandise is tampered with in store. And an extended range alarm sounds if merchandise is removed from the store.
Density Tag will be available from Checkpoint's Alpha High Theft Solutions line of business in the third quarter of 2017.
About Checkpoint Systems, Inc. (www.checkpointsystems.com)
Checkpoint Systems is a global leader in EAS and RFID solutions for the retail industry, encompassing loss prevention and merchandise visibility in a growing omni-channel environment. A division of CCL Industries, Checkpoint provides source-to-shopper solutions enabling retailers to achieve accurate real-time inventory and accelerate the replenishment cycle, while preventing out-of-stocks and reducing theft throughout the supply chain -- thus improving the shopper experience. Checkpoint's solutions are built upon 45 years of radio frequency technology expertise, innovative high-theft and loss prevention solutions, market-leading software, RFID hardware and comprehensive labeling capabilities to brand, secure and track merchandise from source to shelf. Checkpoint's customers’ benefit from increased sales and profits by implementing on-shelf availability to ensure the right merchandise is available at the right place and time when consumers are ready to buy.
- Identiv to Showcase Access Control Solutions at ISC West 2017
- Toshiba Tec Unveils Mobile Printer Delivering Three-Inch Wide Labels and Receipts
- England Logistics Chooses Trucker Tools’ Load Track Platform for Total Shipment Visibility
- NGC Introduces the Andromeda Cloud Platform for the Connected Enterprise
- Leaders Of Retail and Apparel Industries to Discuss RFID's Benefits at #RFIDLIVE
- Scandit Launches MatrixScan, a First of its Kind Scanning and AR Tracking Capability
- BluJay Solutions Acquires Leading Mobility Solutions Provider Blackbay
- Barcoders and Freestyle Solutions Partner to Enable Full Scanning Capabilities in Warehouse
- Accenture, Genpact and TCS Named Leaders in Everest Group Report on Supply Chain Providers
- Lorien Health Systems Leverages The Internet Of Things To improve Client Care
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.