Associate mobile devices enhance the shopping experience by accessing real-time inventory and customer data and offering the ability to service customers and process transactions anywhere in the store.
Boston, MA (PRWEB) April 27, 2017
According to a special report by BRP, retailers are focused on significantly expanding the use of mobile technology for customer identification, customer engagement, associate training and task management, point of sale (POS) and payments. The BRP Special Report: The Mobile World of Retail assesses how mobile devices are completely changing retail operations and the shopping experience for today’s consumers.
“Putting mobile devices in the hands of store associates is now a necessity to keep up with the customer who has a plethora of information available at her fingertips,” said Perry Kramer, vice president, BRP. “Associate mobile devices enhance the shopping experience by accessing real-time inventory and customer data and offering the ability to service customers and process transactions anywhere in the store.”
To better understand the actual impact mobile devices are having on retail and the shopping experience, BRP surveyed the top North American retailers to explore the current state of how mobile technology is shaping retail capabilities, priorities and processes. This special report digs deeper into findings from the BRP 2017 POS/Customer Engagement Benchmarking Survey to explore the significant impact of mobile devices on store operations and how they are “changing retail as we know it.”
The report emphasizes how mobile devices are impacting retail in five key areas:
- CUSTOMER IDENTIFICATION – Identifying the customer and then delivering a personalized experience is identified as one of this year’s top priorities by 70% of retailers
- CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENT – 31% of retailers plan to implement mobile tools for customer engagement within the next 12 months
- ASSOCIATE TRAINING AND TASK MANAGEMENT – 89% of retailers plan to offer mobile solutions to associates within three years
- MOBILE POS – By 2020, 84% of retailers will utilize mobile POS in their stores
- MOBILE PAYMENT – Mobile payment acceptance is increasing rapidly with fewer retailers taking a wait and see approach
The BRP Special Report: The Mobile World of Retail platinum sponsor is Manhattan Associates and the gold sponsors are Aptos, Diebold Nixdorf, EarthLink, Experian Data Quality, Fujitsu, PCMS, Salesforce Commerce Cloud and Tata Consultancy Services.
To download the complete BRP Special Report: The Mobile World of Retail, visit:
BRP Consulting is an innovative retail management consulting firm dedicated to providing superior service and enduring value to our clients. BRP combines its consultants' deep retail business knowledge and cross-functional capabilities to deliver superior design and implementation of strategy, technology, and process solutions. The firm's unique combination of industry focus, knowledge-based approach, and rapid, end-to-end solution deployment helps clients to achieve their business potential. BRP’s consulting services include:
Strategy | Business Intelligence | Business Process Optimization | Point of Sale (POS)
Mobile POS | Payment Security | E-Commerce | Store Systems and Operations | CRM
Unified Commerce | Customer Experience | Order Management | Networks
Merchandise Management | Supply Chain | Information Technology | Private Equity
For more information on BRP, visit http://www.brpconsulting.com. http://www.prweb.com/releases/2017/04/prweb14270944.htm
Other industry news:
- New Eclipse IoT Open Testbeds Begin with Asset Tracking Management
- CSL Launches Affordable, Reliable UHF RFID Handheld Sled with Longest Read Range in Industry
- Socket Mobile Launches DuraCase for the Samsung J3 and J5 Mobile Phones
- RFID Journal LIVE! to Feature New RFID Products
- Zephyr Lock Announces the Locker Security Technology of the Future with New Product Line
- RFID Revolution Announces Partnership with Martec International
- SMC³ Announces Initial Speakers for Connections 2017
- Supply Chain Guru Jimmy Anklesaria Invests in Aggrigator
Other websites we are related to :
POS-Advice.com - a focus on help for restaurant point of sale
POSforum.net - a forum where users share information and answer tech questions for various products including Oracle/Micros and Aloha - free.
Restaurantsoftwarelist.com - A list of technology solutions for restaurants and hospitality. Find developers, manufacturers, resellers and processors.
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.