NAZARETH, Israel--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NGT3 announces its two latest investments: EIO Biomedical, developing a unique solution to the huge unmet market need of surgical adhesion preventions, and Barcode Diagnostics, developing a proprietary solution for oncologists for personal cancer drug screening.
Zohar Gendler, NGT3 CEO & Managing Partner stated, “We are pleased to present at the San Diego BIO 2017 under the Israeli Authority for Innovation umbrella, presenting two new breakthrough technologies with solid intellectual property coverage, backed with great science and led by experienced management. These two companies have great potential to become real game changers".
Gary Jacobs from San Diego, NGT3 Chairman: "I have been investing in Israeli startups for over a decade, and I am especially proud of NGT3 which identifies innovative technologies and establishes early stage companies in the medical field. EIO Medical and Barcode Diagnostics are only two examples of NGT3's rich diversified portfolio of companies".
NGT3 is an early-stage VC, focused on life science technologies, holder of a franchise from the Israeli Government to operate a technology incubator (www.ngt3vc.com).
Surgical adhesions are one of the most pressing problems in general surgery today. Adhesions lead to a variety of post-operative complications and are a major unmet need.
Eio's proprietary novel product is fully biocompatible, biodegradable, and significantly reduces the occurrence and extent of post-surgical adhesion formation. Current estimates expects the US and European markets to reach over $10 Billion by 2020. http://www.ngt3vc.com/eio-biomedical/
Over 1.6M new cancer cases are diagnosed annually In the US alone. 30% of them do not receive the optimal treatment.
Barcode is developing a proprietary technology for personal cancer drug screening that will provide oncologists with a powerful personalized treatment decision tool for optimal drug selection.
Our solution includes:
- Screening of multiple drugs simultaneously
- Direct diagnostics of the treatment efficacy on the tumor within the patient body
- Sampling the drug efficiency on different cells types within the tumor
- A Fast (48-72 hours) and reliable screening method
Other Bar Code News:
- NiceLabel 2017.2 Improves Label Data Integrity
- MultiTech’s Duane Wald Recognized by Computing’s Big Data and IoT Excellence Award’s “IoT Professional of the Year”
- Systech Transitions IoT Gateway Assembly to the USA
- Data Profits’ Demand Forecasting and Replenishment Software Key to Retail IOT Survival
- Leading Aerospace, Defense and Security Company Is Using Beacon Technology to Track Assets in 2 of Their Orlando, Florida Warehouses
- AVANU WebMux Application Delivery Load Balancing Solution Meets Higher Level SSL Security and FIPS 140-2 Level 2 Compliance
- Bluebird Expands Distribution Agreement with ScanSource POS and Barcode to Europe