LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill. – Aug. 29, 2017 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), the market leader in rugged mobile computers, barcode scanners and barcode printers enhanced with software and services to enable real-time enterprise visibility, announced that Bradford Airport Logistics selected Zebra’s TC70 touch computer to optimize its delivery process, increase worker productivity and improve customer satisfaction. Based in Houston, Texas, Bradford manages airport centralized receiving and distribution logistics centers globally.
With the TC70, the Bradford team eliminates manual, paper-based data entry, freeing up associates to make more deliveries and reduce errors. In fact, they save roughly four hours per day and up to 20 hours per week at its Cleveland airport location because delivery teams no longer manually enter signatures when returning from daily deliveries. Bradford managers now have proof of pick-up and delivery with electronic signature or photo record of delivery along with validation of package condition.
The TC70’s mobile operating system (OS) is based on Android™ and combined with Zebra’s Mobility DNA Suite of solutions making management simpler, integration problem-free, and simplified operations making on-boarding easy for associates. Bradford’s TC70 touch computer deployment includes its London Heathrow operations, one of the busiest airports in the world, which has strict training and deployment guidelines. Bradford rolled out 60 TC70s in a short time period because the Heathrow team quickly learned how to use the device as part of their daily responsibilities.
- Bradford Airport Logistics leadership team prefers an enterprise-class handheld computer that lets employees communicate and access information in real-time to improve workflows and enhance the customer experience.
- Zebra’s TC70 gives Bradford Airport Logistics the durability it needs in rugged airport environments with the intuitive feel of a consumer device.
- The TC70’s Android mobile OS allows seamless integration into Bradford Airport Logistics Airport Material Intelligence System (AMIS™) which gives management visibility into the delivery chain of custody.
- To learn more about Bradford Airport Logistics experience, read the case study here.
Tunde Akeredolu, Chief Technology Officer, Bradford Airport Logistics
“We’re smarter for it, we’re better for it, productivity has increased, and we’re doing so much more now. We’re not planning our operations based off system limitations any more. The Zebra TC70 touch computer lets us plan our operations based on other factors like meeting and exceeding customer expectations. Our whole organization embraced the TC70 right away. It is a tremendous success.”
Jim Hilton, Director, Vertical Marketing, Manufacturing, Transportation & Logistics, Zebra
“The TC70 touch computer improves employee productivity for Bradford, giving them access to information quickly and easily while integrating into its own software solution. Deploying the right device is critical to improving a logistics operation. The TC70 gives Bradford a competitive advantage over consumer options while providing the tracking and visibility of a secure chain of custody.”
With the unparalleled operational visibility Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) provides, enterprises become as smart and connected as the world we live in. Real-time information – gleaned from visionary solutions including hardware, software and services – give organizations the competitive edge they need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses and customers and empower their mobile workers to succeed in today’s data-centric world. For more information, visit www.zebra.com or sign up for our news alerts. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Other Barcode News:
- IoT Maverick Daniel Walpole Expands Procon Analytics Business Reach as Chief Office of Data
- BROWZ Operations Team Honored as Silver Winner Recipient in the Golden Bridge Awards
- Associated Global Systems' National Tradeshow Resource Center Expands Services
- The World’s Most Functional Smart Wallet Debuts on Indiegogo
- Siemens and Identify3D Partner to Create Industry Standard for Securing Digital Manufacturing
- AIM To Host Partnership Breakfast at PACK EXPO 2017
- Identiv Expands Partnership with PSA Security Network