HOUSTON, TX (PRWEB) September 20, 2017
Smith, a global distributor of electronic components and semiconductors, today announces the appointment of Todd Snow to the position of Vice President of Global Project Development.
In this role, Todd will coordinate with Smith’s senior management and global team to develop and support the company’s range of programs. He will cultivate projects that support Smith’s customers around the world and build strategies to strengthen the company’s reach, foundation, operations, and business growth opportunities.
Before joining Smith, Todd spent nearly twenty years in franchise distribution, where he held management roles in sales, sourcing, and product marketing. He now brings his broad industry knowledge to Smith.
“I am excited to help shape Smith’s identity and capabilities as a member of the executive team,” said Todd. “By leveraging our existing value proposition with the strength of our new initiatives, we’re ready to explore innovative opportunities for growth.”
Todd’s dedication and expertise will underpin his efforts as he begins to work toward his goals.
“Todd’s long career has given him wisdom of the electronics industry that he brings with him to all of his undertakings at Smith,” said Lee Ackerley, cofounder of Smith. “We look forward to seeing the role he’ll play in guiding Smith’s evolution and innovation."
Founded in 1984, Smith sources, manages, and distributes the electronic components that go into everything from mobile phones and computers to appliances and directional drilling systems. In 16 cities around the world, from Silicon Valley to Seoul, Smith’s 475 employees communicate in 36 different languages and buy and sell components 24 hours per day. Smith is always moving: helping manufacturers navigate market shifts; customizing supply chain solutions; testing components using cutting-edge technology. With testing and logistics hubs in Houston, Hong Kong, and Amsterdam, Smith’s processes focus on critical issues, from quality management to counterfeit prevention and environmental safety. Smith’s operations, purchasing, and sales worldwide are seamlessly integrated with the company’s global IT infrastructure, offering real-time inventory and logistics visibility anywhere in the world. Smith is the leading independent distributor of electronic components and ranks number 11 among all global distributors. Smith’s Intelligent Distribution™ model adapts to ever-changing demands by providing seamless global electronics sourcing and logistics, regardless of distribution channel or locale. For more information, please visit https://www.smithweb.com, or, to reach a Smith representative 24 hours a day, please call +1 713.430.3000.
The Bar Code News will promote your press release to tens of thousands of members of the barcode/RFID community for only $20. (Free for current sponsors. )
Your press release will:
- appear for a full year on Barcode.com
- appear in search engines,
- be sent to over 20,000 Twitter BarcodeNews followers
- be posted to our Facebook page - over 35,000 followers
- be posted on LinkedIn and shared through relevant groups
- be included in our daily email newsletter
Your news release can include text and up to two images and links back to your website, your Twitter feed, Facebook page, etc.
- Step 2 - submit payment by clicking on the “Pay Now” button on this page
You will receive an email with a link to your release after it has been distributed.
Other Barcode News:
- MacGregor Announces Strategic Partnership with Swisslog NA
- V-Technologies, LLC, StarShip Shipping Software for Acumatica Announces 2017 Sponsorship
- BLE, Zigbee, Thread, LoRa, Sigfox, LTE-M; Connecting 7 Billion IoT Devices by 2022
- Growlink Announces New Irrigation Controller
- Blue Pillar Recognized with Growth Excellence Award in Market Leadership
- Matrix IT Medical, SAIT s.r.l. & Videx Win AIM 2017 Case Study Competition
- Leading Barcode Software Package Introduces .NET Standard 2.0 Barcode SDK
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews