New MarkMagic Version 9.5 Features New Field Types, Support for New Printers, and Enhanced PDF Capabilities To Help Customers Embrace E-Commerce.
HOLLYWOOD, FL May 22, 2018 -- CYBRA Corporation, the developers of MarkMagic® Barcode Labels, RFID Tags, and Electronic Forms Software, and Edgefinity IoT® RFID and RTLS Software, has announced the general availability of MarkMagic 9.5, an all-new version of the popular software used by thousands of customers worldwide. The new version includes support for Epson Colorworks® color inkjet label printers, several new Toshiba TEC printers, and the ability to print data directly on plastic shipping bags using Autobag® desktop baggers. New design capabilities include the ability to add shapes such as circles, ovals, arcs, and new line types, as well as new PDF features such as embedded URLs, and PDF entry fields. The new version was formally announced today at the Manhattan Associates Momentum Conference here at The Diplomat Beach Resort.
Focused on e-Commerce
A primary focus of MarkMagic Version 9.5 is to help customers flourish in the ever-changing retail environment. The enhancements included in this new version are based on research the MarkMagic product team performed to discover what retail brand owners are looking for in their labeling and printing software. Flexibility for e-commerce and omnichannel efforts was at the top of the list.
Says Sheldon Reich, Chief Solutions Architect at CYBRA, “with the retail space becoming more and more complex, MarkMagic users are looking to us to make their jobs simpler. Naturally, e-commerce and omnichannel demands make things more complicated. So, to remain vital to our customers, MarkMagic helps them embrace e-commerce labeling and forms production by simplifying the process.” Reich continues: “For example, MarkMagic 9.5 Epson ColorWorks support removes the burden of requiring pre-printed stock for color labels (colors and shapes can be printed dynamically on plain labels) and the new embedded URL feature is great for e-commerce landing pages and other variable data driven promotions.”
MarkMagic Version 9.5 at a Glance
These updates and features are available for users of MarkMagic on the IBM i series, AIX, as well as on Microsoft Windows, Linux, and Unix machines.
- Epson Color Label Print Driver Support: Support for the Epson Colorworks® color inkjet label printer line has been added in MarkMagic 9.5. Customers will no longer require costly pre-printed label stock with color backgrounds. The new version of CYBRA’s MarkMagiclets customers print on demand color labels with plain stock, and save money. Industry leading Epson color printers can print labels fast without smearing at a wickedly sharp 1200 x 600 DPI. Color labels that can be produced include: GHS-compliant color labels, custom food labels, healthcare labels, branded product labels, and packaging labels.
Circle, Oval and Arc Fields: MarkMagic’s wealth of design features have been supplemented with the ability for label and forms designers to create and print cool new shapes such as Circles, Ovals and Arcs. This enhanced capability has been added to the product’s HP PCL, Zebra and Datamax drivers. The new shapes can be colored, shaded and styled to produce some very creative forms and label designs.
- Autobag Printing Support: MarkMagic 9.5 supports Autobag printers. This new feature gives MarkMagic users the ability to print shipping or item information directly onto plastic shipping bags. This is a terrific solution for MarkMagic users who ship merchandise in small bags. Printing can be done simultaneously at packing time with live transaction data to prevent errors in labeling.
- New Edit Feature for PDF Text Fields: MarkMagic PDF file design capability has been improved by adding editable text fields. These input capable fields in PDF documents are commonly used to allow users to fill in information and then view, print, or share the PDF document.
- Toshiba TEC Printer Support: MarkMagic for the IBM I has been supporting Toshiba TEC printers for years. Version 9.5 adds support for these printers to MarkMagic Platform Independent. MarkMagic now supports these durable, low consumption, and fast Toshiba TEC printers on Linux, AIX, Windows, and Unix servers. Check out the full list of Toshiba TEC printers MarkMagic supports here.
- New Line Types for Laser and PDF: Diagonal lines are now supported on HP PCL5 and PDF. Users can add rounded and arrow/triangle line end styles to forms and labels.
- PDF URL Linking: Included in MarkMagic 9.5 is a new capability to embed a custom URL link to text, barcode and graphic fields. When printing to PDF, those fields with embedded URLs are now clickable. They redirect the user to the desired web address. For example, customers can place company logos on invoices and statements which their customers can click and be taken directly to the company website or variable landing page.
MarkMagic has been selected as the Auto-ID print engine of such leading software packages as Manhattan Associates’ WMi and WMOS, VAI’s S2k, and solutions from Infor, Apparel Business Systems, Honeywell Intelligrated, and several others.
About CYBRA Corporation
CYBRA Corporation is a leader in bar code and RFID technology serving customers in a wide range of industries.
MarkMagic® Bar Code Labels, RFID Tags and Forms Software empowers customers to design virtually any type of Auto-ID document – labels, forms, RFID tags, tickets, etc. – and print them on hundreds of types of general and specialized printers from laser to thermal to automated applicators.
CYBRA’s Edgefinity IoT®, (formerly EdgeMagic) is a platform for rapidly building integrated applications that locate objects and people using RFID, RTLS and other tracking technologies. Edgefinity IoT provides customers with the ability to quickly implement EPC (Electronic Product Code) compliance systems, as well as RFID track and trace applications. In addition to traditional passive RFID applications, the newly released, fully redesigned software, can be used as an all-in-one rules driven solution for the safety and security of people and assets.
To learn more about MarkMagic visit cybra.com.
The Bar Code News is now in its 9th year and is pleased to bring you bar code and RFID related news. We rely on sponsors to keep this website running, so please let vendors know that you've seen them here. Thank you. Is your bar code related business listed in our free directory? Over 500,000 visitors a year come to Barcode.com. It pays to be here.
Find us on social media too: