I saw a need for an easy plug-and-play Bluetooth barcode scanner for PC. Bluetooth technology has evolved over the last 20 years but still requires a pairing process which is troublesome for many users. I realized it was time to create a product for them that was both affordable and easy to use.
PRINCETON, N.J. (PRWEB) October 08, 2018
KOAMTAC, Inc., a leading manufacturer of Bluetooth® barcode scanners, RFID readers, and mobile point of sale (mPOS) companions introduces the first-ever Bluetooth barcode scanning package focused on enabling plug-and-play data collection for PC.
Prior to the creation of this bundle, KOAMTAC’s robust suite of products included enterprise-level hardware that could be out of reach for certain users due to the complexity of the Bluetooth pairing process. The new package is ready to use out of the box and comes complete with an easy-to-pair 2D Imager Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) barcode scanner (KDC280), a BLE Dongle that eliminates complex pairing steps, 1-slot charging cradle, and lanyard.
“After fifteen years of working primarily at an enterprise-level, I saw a need for an easy plug-and-play Bluetooth barcode scanner for PC. Bluetooth technology has evolved over the last 20 years but still requires a pairing process which is troublesome for many users. I realized it was time to create a product for them that was both affordable and easy to use,” said Hanjin Lee, President/CEO.
Upon purchase, a customer need simply insert the dongle into their computer’s USB port to begin collecting data seamlessly. KDC280 and USB BLE dongle come paired from the factory eliminating the complex Bluetooth pairing process. Furthermore, the default HID Bluetooth profile doesn’t require any device driver installation, enabling true plug-and-play service. Also supported, for two-way communication, is the USB2Serial profile which requires KDC device driver installation downloadable via the KOAMTAC website. The KDC280, like other KDC scanners, will last several days from a full charge. When it is time to charge the battery, the charging cradle enables fast charging via pogo pins.
The new small business bundle can be purchased directly through the KOAMTAC store or from resellers, and comes complete with unparalleled customer service, Software Development Kit (SDK) and one year of KOAMTAC’s full-service application, KOAMTACON, upon release.
KDC®, KoamTac®, KOAMTAC®, SmartSled®, KoamTacON® and KTSync® are registered trademarks of KOAMTAC, Inc.
Bluetooth® is a registered trademark or trademark of Bluetooth SIG, in the U.S. and other countries.
All other product and company names used herein are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by the respective trademark holders.
- Internet of Things Market to Reach US$1,490.31 billion by 2024
- NiceLabel recognized by the worldwide association for the automatic identification industry
- Ports America's Napoleon Container Terminal Puts Customers First With Navis N4 Implementation
- HID Global, NiceLabel and Tyco Retail Solutions Win 2018 AIM Case Study Competition
- TruTag Technologies and PwC Australia form alliance on Food Trust Initiative
- SMC3 Looks to Identify Innovative Supply Chain Collaborators
- TEKLYNX Announces Release of Enterprise Labeling Solution TEKLYNX CENTRAL 5.0
- Socket Mobile Expands the SocketScan Line with the S840 Lower Priced 2D Barcode Scanner
- Invengo appoints Albert Wu as CEO of Invengo’s International Business
- The Usabilla Customer Experience Winners of 2018
- The Mobile Payment Market is Set to Grow as Smartphone Penetration Increases
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.