The top reasons to attend RFID Journal Live.
1. It would take weeks to go through the websites of 200 exhibitors, so spending three days at LIVE! would be more cost-effective and efficient than conducting research online.
2. It's important to meet people face to face and get a sense of who they are and how committed they are to supporting your RFID project. Will they work with you to find a tag that will be right for each of your products or assets, or are they just trying to sell you something and move on? It's hard to tell via email.
3. You can't compare prices online. In my experience, vendors are reluctant to email price quotes, because the person requesting a quote could be a competitor. At an event, you can show your card and ask for a price quote, then compare multiple vendors in a very short span of time.
4. You get to see demonstrations of products that support vendors' claims. If you read on a vendor's website that a tag can be read from a distance of 10 feet away, even underwater, you might not believe it. If you witnessed this at the event, however, you would know it was true.
5. Attendees often see things at LIVE! that they weren't looking for, but that can help them to solve problems on which they weren't focused. Serendipity can happen on the Web, too, but only if you comb through every product on every site of every vendor—which, of course, no one is going to do.