Executive Summit to Focus on IoT, Entertainment, the Smart Home, and the Connected Consumer in Europe
DALLAS, TX--(Marketwired - Sep 9, 2015) - New smart home research from Parks Associates shows Western Europe will have over 6 million households with a professionally monitored security system by the end of 2015, increasing to nearly 8 million by 2019. The international research firm will address connected home market trends and the Internet of Things at the tenth-annual CONNECTIONS™ Europe - IoT: Connected Entertainment and the Smart Home, taking place 10-11 November in Amsterdam.
"By the end of 2015, Western Europe will have over 1.5 million households with a smart home controller, and Central and Eastern Europe will have nearly 575,000," said Stuart Sikes, President, Parks Associates. "The multiple devices comprising the smart home are starting to leverage their connectivity to expand functionality and create new value-added services. At CONNECTIONS™ Europe, we will examine trends for the European connected consumer and strategies to leverage this market intelligence in monetizing the IoT."
The event agenda focuses on the impact of connected devices and services, including entertainment, controls, digital media, security, and cloud services. It offers insight into new and innovative business strategies and partnerships, current and future technologies, and critical issues including privacy and interoperability and their effect on consumer engagement.
- Christian Kurz, SVP Research, Insights and Reporting, Viacom International Media Networks
- Lionel Paillet, General Manager Europe, Nest Labs, Inc.
- Greg Roberts, VP, Marketing, Icontrol Networks
- Seb Chakraborty, Director of Technology, Connected Homes, British Gas
- Holger Knoepke, Vice President, Deutsche Telekom
- Mario Moura, General Manager, Home Comfort & Energy Systems EMEA, Honeywell
- Mark Giesbers, VP Video Products, Liberty Global
- Patrice Slupowski, VP, Digital Innovation & Communities, Orange
- Jean-Claude Kiessling, Head of International Business Development, Smart Home Platform QIVICON, Digital Business Unit, QIVICON, Deutsche Telekom
- Oliver Lewis, Senior Vice President Sky Integration, Product Management, Sky Deutschland
- Ratul Sengupta, Vice President, Client Engagement, Global Head SmartLeap™ Practice, Sutherland Global
- Cian Paolo Balboni, Strategy & Innovation, Head, Future Centre, Telecom Italia
- Alfredo Serret, Global Director Digital Home Services, Telefónica
- TiVo, David Sandford, Vice President, General Manager, International
- Drivers of Growth: Accelerating Entertainment, Smart Home, & Health Services
- Evolution of the Video Experience
- Balancing Personalization Solutions with Privacy & Security
- IoT: Adding Value to the Smart Home Experience
- Smart Home: Partnerships, Monetization Strategies, & New Business Models
- Connected Entertainment: Expanding Revenues through Innovative Services
- Integrating OTT Content with Pay-TV Services
- Supporting the IoT & New Consumer Experiences
- Understanding Early Adopters: Next Stage of the Connected Home
- OTT & Pay-TV Integration: Cloud-based CE & Hybrid Devices
- Seamless Interoperability: Driving Mass-Market Adoption
- IoT and APIs: Expanding the Role of Connected Devices
- Wearables, Health Monitoring, & Connected Health Opportunities
- Integrating IoT into Smart Home & Entertainment Platforms
Media and organizations supporting the event are AE Ventures, Appliance Design Magazine, BayPay Forum, Best Web Design, Agencies, BestSEOs.com, Bluetooth SIG, BoogarLists, BPI Network, Cablefax, Cities Today, Conference Guru, Connected Home World.com, CTIA, Digital Trends, EMA, FierceCable, FierceTelecom, FierceOnlineVideo, FierceMobileIT, FierceWireless, HDTV Magazine, HGI, HomePlug, HomeToys.com, IoT Insights, IoT Perspectives, Innovation & Tech Today, MoCA, NexTV Latin America, NFC Forum, OSP, Payments & Cards Network, TechReleased, TelcoProfessionals, The Paypers, Thread Group, topSEOs.com, UMTS Forum, UPnP Forum, USNAP Alliance, Visibility Magazine, Women Who Code, and ZigBee Alliance.
About CONNECTIONS™ Europe
CONNECTIONS™ Europe is the leading annual executive conference on the connected home and IoT ecosystems. The two-day event features consumer research and high-level analysis on connected devices and services, new and innovative business strategies and partnerships, and critical challenges in driving consumer adoption of entertainment, smart home, and IoT solutions.
- ^ New smart home research (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ CONNECTIONS™ Europe - IoT: Connected Entertainment and the Smart Home (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ Stuart Sikes (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ 2015 Keynote Speakers: (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ 2015 Advisory Board: (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ Sessions: (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ CONNECTIONS™ Europe sponsors (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ Registration (www.parksassociates.com)
- ^ http://www.connectionseurope.com (www.connectionseurope.com)
Other stories about the Internet of Things
- GreenIQ Launches the First 3G-Powered Smart Garden Device Available to Consumers, Connected Exclusively by AT&T
- (Bar Code Blog)
- Created on 08 September 2015
- ... " said Chris Penrose, senior vice president, Internet of Things Solutions, AT&T. The Israeli Internet of Things (IoT) startup Read more http://www.marketwired.com/mw/release.do?id=2053477&sourceType ...
- Retail spend on ‘Internet of Things’ to Reach $2.5bn by 2020
- (Mobile Barcode News)
- Created on 03 September 2015
- Asset Control & Consumer Engagement Core to the Business Case Hampshire - 1st September: New data from Juniper Research has revealed that retailers seeking to capitalise on IoT (Internet of Things) ...
- Honda Joins AIM Board of Directors
- (The BarCode News)
- Created on 01 September 2015
- ... including barcode, RFID, RTLS, NFC and the Internet of Things (IoT), announced today the election of Marcos Honda as the South American Representative to the Board of Directors for AIM, Inc. Mr. Honda ...
- OSGi Alliance Invites Developers to Compete in IoT PLAYGROUND at OSGi Community Event 2015
- (Bar Code Blog)
- Created on 27 August 2015
- ... how OSGi was made for the Internet of Things as participants control a model LEGO® train track that runs multiple trains simultaneously at the event. The train and track playground will illustrate ...
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews