AUSTIN, TX--(Marketwired - September 16, 2015) - Epicor Software Corporation, a global leader in business software solutions for manufacturing, distribution, retail and services organizations, today congratulated three Epicor Eagle customers as winners in the 2015 Beacon Awards, conducted by The Hardware Connection magazine. The third annual awards program recognized six retailers as winners on September 11, 2015 at an awards ceremony during the 27th annual The Hardware Conference, the industry's largest gathering of independent hardware retailers.
The Epicor customer winners honored at The Hardware Conference, are:
Ace Retail Beacon Award: Islands Ace Hardware of Savannah, Georgia
- Through focus on the demands of customers and exceeding their expectations, sales at Islands have increased year-over-year by 13 percent. Additionally, the company has established strong niches with a gift shop and clothing area that utilize local products.
Best New Store under 20,000 square feet: Brady and Cavany Ace Hardware of Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania
- Opened in 2014, the store features an 18,000 square foot retail operation with 10,000 square feet of hardware and 8,000 square feet of clothing and outdoor sporting equipment. By the end of the first year, sales had reached nearly $1.9 million with average transactions at $37.04 and sales up 35% YTD.
True Value Retail Beacon Award: Earl's True Value Hardware of Fredericksburg, Virginia
- To ensure the next-generation business management team has a vibrant business to run, Earl's remodeled their 23,500 square foot location. Sales and customer counts are up significantly since the remodel.
"Epicor has really helped us get a handle on our inventory, refine our inventory and come up with the proper stocking levels to ensure we're successful," said Mallia Evans, store manager for Brady & Cavany Ace Hardware. "This has been especially helpful to me, because I'm new to the hardware industry."
"There is no better venue to highlight an awards program than at The Hardware Conference," said Tom Delph, director of the Beacon Awards. "We are proud to have industry manufacturers, technology vendors and wholesalers involved in the program. We greatly value the businesses that have supported this program since its introduction -- they have overwhelmingly contributed to its success."
The Beacon Awards is a national industry awards program developed by The Hardware Conference and The Hardware Connection magazine to recognize the "best of the best" independent hardware and home center retailers in the Unites States. The Beacon Awards is designed to honor outstanding new hardware and home center retailers and leaders in the categories of community service, lifetime achievement, new stores, and innovative dealers, among others.
"We are excited to congratulate Brady and Cavany Ace Hardware, Earl's True Value Hardware and Islands Ace Hardware as winners in this year's Beacon Awards program," said Doug Smith, director of product management and marketing, retail distribution solutions at Epicor. "This recognition is a testament to their industry influence and vibrant business strategies. They are truly leading the way in solid retail business management, and we are proud to have them as Epicor customers."
The full profiles of all Beacon Award winners and coverage of the 2015 Beacon Awards banquet can be found in the September/October 2015 issue of The Hardware Connection. Learn more about the Beacon Awards at www.thehardwareconnection.com/beacon-awards.
About Epicor Software Corporation
Epicor Software Corporation is a global leader delivering inspired business software solutions to the manufacturing, distribution, retail and services industries. With over 40 years of experience serving small, midmarket and larger enterprises, Epicor has more than 20,000 customers in over 150 countries. Epicor enterprise resource planning (ERP), retail management software, supply chain management (SCM), and human capital management (HCM) enable companies to drive increased efficiency and improve profitability. With a history of innovation, industry expertise and passion for excellence, Epicor provides the single point of accountability that local, regional and global businesses demand. The Company's headquarters are located in Austin, Texas, with offices and affiliates worldwide. For more information, visit www.epicor.com.
More recent news announcements you might want to see:
- DENSO Barcode Terminals Provide More Value than Ever
- Alien Relationship With BlueStar to Include Western Europe
- Beep'nGo App With Mobile Barcode Beaming Technology and Mobile Wallet Capable
- Reel Code Barcode to Reframe How Businesses and Customers Connect
- Internet of Things Now Connects Beer Mugs
- Verimatrix Examines the Pervasive Role of Security at First IoT Security Conference
- Payment Alliance International Wins EMV Implementation Award
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.