Collaboration Brings Proven Software Safety and Security to New Powerful Sitara™ AM57x Processor Family From Texas Instruments
SANTA BARBARA, CA--(Marketwired - October 15, 2015) - Green Hills Software, the largest independent software vendor for the Internet of Things (IoT), today announced early support of its industry-leading industrial safety and security products featuring the safety-certified INTEGRITY® real-time operating system (RTOS) for the new Sitara™ AM57x family of processors from Texas Instruments. The Green Hills product and services portfolio also includes software development tools, cryptographic security products and safety services that when combined, enable device manufacturers to create and deploy secure and safe products for industrial control, factory communication, and smart grid technologies.
As today's industrial control and automation products demand higher performance, richer human machine interfaces (HMI) and assured security on untrusted networks, device manufacturers are moving to new faster processors with integrated acceleration units devoted to 3D graphics, cryptography and industrial communication protocols. To unlock these hardware features they require easy-to-use software development tools that generate high-quality/high-performance code, cryptographic toolkits to build in a root of trust to protect critical data and device resources, and a scalable trusted runtime architecture certified to the highest levels of IEC 61508 certified industrial safety. Green Hills Software and TI bring these hardware and software components together into an integrated solution.
"The combination of Green Hills Software's functional safety and security expertise and our high performance, heterogeneous processors enables us to deliver market-leading industrial solutions," said Carlos Betancourt, product marketing manager at TI. "With INTEGRITY, our Sitara AM57x processor family is an ideal industrial platform offering multiple low-latency industrial network protocols, security engines and integrated DSP and graphics acceleration. The AM57x processors are the most powerful embedded SoCs featuring real-time processing and multimedia in the generally available embedded market."
The Green Hills products and services for the Sitara AM57x processors are an ideal development and deployment platform that uniquely meets the demands for performance, safety, security and scalability for industrial devices.
- INTEGRITY RTOS, the most trusted and certified separation architecture for safety and security applications, certified to IEC 61508 SIL 3 (Safety Integrity Level)
- INTEGRITY Multivisor™ secure virtualization technology that safely runs on the same processor both safety-critical tasks such as low-latency communication stacks, alongside guest consumer operating systems Windows, Linux and Android
- Industry-leading and EEMBC® record-setting C/C++ compilers for ARM® Cortex®-A15/M4 cores, and NEON signal processing extensions, certified to meet the highest levels of tool qualification for IEC 61508 SIL 4
- MULTI® integrated development environment software tools for deep visibility into code behavior through the multicore debugger, TimeMachine™ trace debugging, run-time error detection, MISRA C checking and DoubleCheck™ static source code analysis
- Secure Key Management Infrastructure enabling customers to create and manage cryptographic keys to assure hardware and software root of trust throughout a device's lifecycle
- Green Hills Software's FIPS 140-2 and NSA Suite B cryptographic library optimized for ARM Architecture
- Embedded Advisors, a team of experts to help customers achieve a customized balance of industrial safety, security and performance matching the customer's business requirements
The Sitara AM57x processor family is offered in dual/single ARM Cortex-A15 configurations placing it at the top of the Sitara line in performance and integration. The family also features dual/single C66x DSPs, dual ARM Cortex-M4s, PCI Express, USB 3.0, SATA, Gb EtherNET, OpenGL/OpenVG GPU, and a quad core industrial communication subsystem that enables fieldbus communication protocols such as EtherCAT, PROFINET, EtherNET/IP™, PROFIBUS, POWERLINK and SERCOS.
Green Hills products and services for the Sitara AM57x processors are available to qualified early customer adoptions today.
About Green Hills Software
Founded in 1982, Green Hills Software is the largest independent software vendor for the Internet of Things (IoT). In 2008, the Green Hills INTEGRITY-178 RTOS was the first and only operating system to be certified by NIAP (National Information Assurance Partnership comprised of NSA & NIST) to EAL 6+, High Robustness, the highest level of security ever achieved for any software product. Our open architecture integrated development solutions address deeply embedded, absolute security and high-reliability applications for the military/avionics, medical, industrial, automotive, networking, consumer and other markets that demand industry-certified solutions. Green Hills Software is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA, with European headquarters in the United Kingdom. Visit Green Hills Software at www.ghs.com.
Green Hills, the Green Hills logo, MULTI, INTEGRITY, INTEGRITY Multivisor, TimeMachine and DoubleCheck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Green Hills Software in the U.S. and/or internationally. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- ^ INTEGRITY® real-time operating system (RTOS) (ctt.marketwire.com)
- ^ INTEGRITY Multivisor™ secure virtualization technology (ctt.marketwire.com)
- ^ C/C++ compilers (ctt.marketwire.com)
- ^ MULTI® integrated development environment (ctt.marketwire.com)
- ^ TimeMachine™ trace debugging (ctt.marketwire.com)
- ^ DoubleCheck™ static source code analysis (ctt.marketwire.com)
- ^ Secure Key Management Infrastructure (ctt.marketwire.com)
- ^ cryptographic library (ctt.marketwire.com)
- ^ certified by
More Articles ...
- New Mobile App Platform to Provide Paperless Workflows
- The Z-Wave Alliance Introduces a Membership Option For Integrators
- Impinj Celebrates 15th Anniversary; Reveals New Logo and Headquarters
- IoT Membership Soars at AllSeen Alliance
- DataStax A Leader in 2015 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Database Management
- Gartner Positions MemSQL in the Visionaries Quadrant; Database Management Systems