CHICAGO, IL--(Marketwired - October 22, 2015) - The Illinois Technology Association (ITA) announced today that Steven Koch, City of Chicago Deputy Mayor, and Jay Hedley, Managing Director, Accenture Digital, Global Lead for Connected Spaces, will be the featured speakers at the IoT Capital Conference, which takes place on the second day of its 3rd Annual Internet of Things Summit. This year's summit is being held at Venue SIX10 on November 16-17, 2015.
"We are really excited to have Jay Hedley speak at this year's event," said Don DeLoach, CEO of Infobright and co-chair of the ITA's IoT Council. "He brings a wealth of experience in the IoT space and will spark enthusiasm for continued IoT innovation with investors and technology developers, alike."
Steven Koch will be providing opening remarks at the Capital Conference. His responsibilities for the City of Chicago include oversight of the Mayor's Economic Council, job creation and retention, budget issues, municipal finance and revenue, and economic development. Koch spent 27 years at Credit Suisse where he ran the global Mergers and Acquisitions business and advised on landmark transactions across a broad range of industries.
"Steven's role with the City of Chicago and his background made him the ideal choice to open our IoT Capital Conference," said Fred Hoch, ITA CEO. "He understands the investment culture and also has a stake in helping to make Chicago and the Midwest an epicenter for IoT investment."
The IoT Capital Conference, presented by First Analysis Securities Corporation, and held on the second day of the Summit, will bring together executives from IoT companies and venture capital and private equity investors. In addition to the Keynote presentations and ample space for informal meetings, the day will feature:
- Presentations from companies such as: Bosch Software Innovations, Cartasite, CloudOne, Cradlepoint, Digi International, Gimbal, Google, Healthsense, KORE Telematics, NantHealth, Orbcomm, Sprint, Stream Technologies, Telit and Verizon and other leading private and public IoT companies.
- Many investment groups in attendance including: Accel-KKR, Bison Capital, Bregal Sagemount, Catalyst Investors, Frontier Capital, Great Hill Partners, JMI Equity, Macquarie Capital, Monroe Capital, North Bridge Growth Equity, Primus Capital, River Cities Capital Funds, Sageview Capital, Silversmith Capital Partners and more.
"I'm proud our partnership with the ITA is helping bring together this strong mix of industry participants in a forum focused on fundraising, M&A, and additional investment considerations of this emerging industry," said Howard Smith, Managing Director at First Analysis. "I'm thrilled to have Steven and Jay adding context and depth to this discussion."
The first day of the Summit, presented by CDW, will focus on current trends and future considerations in IoT.
About the Illinois Technology Association
The Illinois Technology Association (ITA) is a business services organization dedicated to growing technology companies. ITA provides strategic programming, consulting and resources, enabling its members to grow, build and elevate their business. For more information, visit illinoistech.org, follow @ITAbuzz on Twitter or find us on LinkedIn.
- ^ rd Annual Internet of Things Summit (ctt.marketwire.com)
- ^ illinoistech.org/iot-summit (ctt.marketwire.com)
- ^ illinoistech.org (ctt.marketwire.com)
- ^ @ITAbuzz (ctt.marketwire.com)
- ^ LinkedIn (ctt.marketwire.com)
- ^ http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2015/10/22/11G068659/Images/iot_summit15_fainvite_940-390353185584.jpg (www.marketwire.com)
More Articles ...
- Technology Sector Hiring and Pay Remains Steady in Major Asia Pacific Markets
- 765 Million Households Worldwide Will Subscribe to a Broadband Service by the End of 2015
- Monetizing the Industrial IoT -- IAS at Billing Innovators Summit
- Avaya Recognized in the 2015 Critical Capabilities for Infrastructure Report
- Zeidman Technologies and Codasip Collaborate to Improve Efficiency of IoT Designs
- Andes Technology and INVECAS Work To Win Designs for Global Foundries Processes