OAKLAND, CA--(Marketwired - Oct 29, 2015) - Building Robotics, a software company that is revolutionizing the way people interact with buildings, today announced the launch of a new ecosystem of technologies to improve people's daily lives through enhanced control of their personal workplace. Called +Comfy ("Plus Comfy"), the solution builds on the company's current offering, Comfy, to expand the occupant experience of building systems via a single unified interface. +Comfy allows individuals to control temperature, lighting, windows and more, all from Comfy's smartphone app or any web browser. The +Comfy ecosystem includes hardware technologies from companies including Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC), Lutron, Redwood Systems, View, and will continue to incorporate additional smart building technologies.
"We spend over a third of our lives at work, so we should be just as comfortable in our offices as we are in our living rooms," said Andrew Krioukov, co-founder and CEO of Building Robotics. "+Comfy lets people easily adjust their environment to their personal preferences. We're excited to offer more ways for people to customize comfort in the workplace."
"The nature of the workplace and expectations of employees are changing fast." said Christine Boles, Director, Smart Building Solutions, Intel Internet of Things Group. "Innovative technologies such as +Comfy, utilize and Intel based gateway to enhance the occupant experience, and increase employee productivity and satisfaction."
Comfy, Building Robotics' software, provides a delightful user experience, quick and simple integration to existing building systems, and machine learning to improve building operations. +Comfy leverages these same principles to make building technologies better for occupants and those that manage them, including:
- Elegant, Intuitive User Experience: Comfy is about making the technology of the buildings we work in accessible, transparent, and easy to use. +Comfy extends this design focus to new technologies in the creation of a unified and elegant interface.
- Interconnectivity: Buildings are already full of incredible technologies, but they're not always available to the people who work there. +Comfy creates a network of intelligent systems that work seamlessly together and support employees' daily lives, collaborative work, and creativity.
- Collective Intelligence: With Comfy, both the occupants of a building and the system itself benefit by learning what people want resulting in happier, more productive environments. +Comfy brings together technologies that collect a dynamic wealth of data that can augment the intelligence of one another to deliver the new workplace experience.
About Building Robotics
Building Robotics connects people to places by giving users control of their own comfort. The company's mission is to revolutionize the way building's interact with people through cutting-edge software experiences. Combining human intelligence with computer intelligence, Building Robotics' software, Comfy, allows buildings to instantly adapt to an individual's perception of thermal comfort. Over time, it learns employee comfort patterns and adjusts temperatures accordingly, providing a sustainable and cost-effective solution to climate control within buildings, and happier, more empowered and productive employees. Building Robotics is based in Frank Ogawa Plaza in Oakland. For more information, visit www.buildingrobotics.com.
- ^ INTC (www.marketwired.com)
- ^ www.buildingrobotics.com (ctt.marketwire.com)
More articles of interest
- Poynt Becomes Industry's First PCI PTS and EMV-Certified Smart Terminal Available to All
- Technology Sector Hiring and Pay Remains Steady in Major Asia Pacific Markets
- 765 Million Households Worldwide Will Subscribe to a Broadband Service by the End of 2015
- Monetizing the Industrial IoT -- IAS at Billing Innovators Summit
- Avaya Recognized in the 2015 Critical Capabilities for Infrastructure Report
- Zeidman Technologies and Codasip Collaborate to Improve Efficiency of IoT Designs
- Andes Technology and INVECAS Work To Win Designs for Global Foundries Processes
- OnlineLabels.com Awarded 2015 Bizrate Platinum Circle of Excellence
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.