LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM--(Marketwired - November 03, 2015) - Cisco Systems has selected Internet of Things (IoT) start-up Nwave Technologies as the first-prize winner of the 2015 British Innovation Gateway ("BIG") awards. Six finalist companies, selected from over 200 applicants, competed in the event on October 22 at the National Theater in London. The first-prize was $220,000, including $100,000 cash and $120,000 for services from Cisco's partners, who will be providing marketing, PR, HR and legal assistance.
Accepting the award for Nwave was CEO & Founder, Yury Birchenko, VP of Business Development, Matthew Phillips, and COO/CFO, Paul Peck. Birchenko explained that winning this prize is like "rocket fuel" for the company, "providing huge motivation and vital capital infusion." Birchenko indicated that Nwave will use the cash portion of the prize to help ramp-up Sales and R&D.
Nwave has been in operation for 3 years, with a solid leadership team who are experienced in capital-efficient early-stage ventures. Nwave is currently shipping products that include Sparkit, an IoT solution for monitoring parking spots, as well as agriculture and utility metering systems. Nwave sensor/transceivers can operate on battery power for over 5 years, and its base stations are capable of supporting tens of thousands of sensor/transceivers with up to 5km range in urban environments. The Nwave team has been instrumental in developing the "Weightless" open-source IoT protocol standard, in support of the company's philosophy of interoperability between IoT solutions providers in a true multi-vendor environment.
About Nwave Technologies:
- ^ www.nwave.io (www.nwave.io)
- ^ http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2015/11/3/11G070308/Images/Nwave_Cisco_BIG_Awards_with_Check-0d06d14ee95299db9a860154b978cb59.jpg (www.marketwire.com)
- Zebra Announces Date for 3Q 2015 Earnings Conference Call
- SDK Update Includes Ability to Decode Barcodes from PDF Files
- Barcoding, Inc. Introduces OnePay(tm) Financing Program
- AIS's HMI Touch Panel for Distributed Control and Process Automation
- Lantronix Reports Fiscal 2016 First Quarter Financial Results
- NASA and ICAP Patent Brokerage Partner on Fourth Intellectual Property Auction
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.