AIS's Open Standard HMI System With a TCP/IP Communications Protocol and Network Connection Designed for Chemical Plants, Water Management Systems and Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
IRVINE, CA--(Marketwired - November 02, 2015) - American Industrial Systems, Inc. (AIS) open platform HMI designer, innovator and industry leader with a comprehensive portfolio of Industrial HMIs, Panel PCs, Industrial PCs (IPCs), Industrial Box PCs, Industrial DIN-Rail PCs, and Industrial Thin Clients, announces their open, Standard HMI System is suitable for Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and Process Automation Systems (PAS) applications. The Standard HMI from AIS is a PC-based, Rugged HMI Touch Panel with TCP/IP communications protocol and industrial Ethernet network connection necessary for the connection of machines and systems, transferring and sharing of data and communication used in process automation, control and monitoring operations. Common Process control and monitoring applications include: Chemical plants, Water and Waste Water Management Systems, Paper and Pulp, Food and Beverage and Pharmaceutical Manufacturing.
AIS's Standard Touch Panel HMIs are energy efficient, cost-effective, turnkey control and monitoring systems equipped with Intel® Atom™ E3845 processors. They are rugged, PC-based touch panel computers ideal for a broad range of HMI and SCADA applications for harsh and challenging industrial environments in process automation and control. Designed to meet the broad range of requirements in PAS and DCS applications, AIS's Standard HMI Touch Panels are available in display sizes from 12.1" to 24" in analog resistive single-touch and project capacitive multi-touch panels. In multi-touch formats, process facilities and plants can choose 15.6", 18.5" and 21.5". For resistive single-touch display formats and sizes, they can choose Standard HMI PC-based systems in 12.1", 15", 17", 19", 21.5" and 24".
AIS's Open Platform, Standard HMIs Help Visualize & Interconnect Devices, Sensor and Controllers via Network Communications, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Connection in PAS and DCS Applications
AIS Standard HMIs are used in process automation or automation systems. They are utilized in plants and factories to help automate, control and monitor processes in applications such as chemical, oil refineries, paper and pulp factories and more. Moreover, AIS's open architecture PC-based HMI also enables networking via TCP/IP communications protocol and Industrial Ethernet to interconnect sensors, controllers, operator terminals and actuators. A PAS is often based on open standards in contrast to a DCS, which is traditionally proprietary and may not require complex SCADA capabilities. Due to its affordability, capabilities and flexibility of AIS's open, Standard HMI systems, are finding favor in both process control applications and distributed control and in OEM machinery and equipment.
Supporting Network Infrastructure Layers with Open PC-based HMI Systems via AIS's Rugged, Standard Touch Panel Computer Series
- Application Layer: OPC, FTP and HTTP. An application layer is an abstraction layer that specifies the shared protocols and interface methods used by hosts in a communications network. The application layer abstraction is used in both of the standard models of computer networking and the Internet Protocol Suite (TCP/IP).
- Transport Layer: The Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) is a core protocol of the Internet protocol suite. It originated in the initial network implementation in which it complemented the Internet Protocol (IP).
- Network Layer: The Internet Protocol (IP) is the principal communications protocol in the Internet protocol suite for relaying datagrams cross network boundaries. Its routing function enables internetworking and essentially establishes the Internet.
- Data Link: Ethernet IEEE 802.3 is a working group and a collection of IEEE standards produced by the working group defining the physical layer and data link layer's media access control (MAC) of wired Ethernet. This is generally a local area network technology with some wide area network applications.
Connecting of Facilities, Machines and Data, AIS's Standard HMI Solutions Help Process Plants & Factories Reduce Energy Consumption Costs with High-Speed Networking
Industrial factories and facilities require their equipment to deliver the highest output with minimal production cost as possible. In many industries including oil, gas and petrochemicals, energy costs can represent 30 to 50 percent of the total production cost. Combined with 3rd party SCADA software, AIS's PC-based Touch Panel Computers help industrial plants and facilities develop optimal production strategies to learn and analyze production trends, automate, control and monitor processes, develop predictive maintenance and help speed up the responses to changing conditions to improve their operations. AIS Standard HMI also helps facilitate reduction of energy consumption costs by networking with two on-board, high-speed gigabit, Ethernet ports, which provide high-speed networking and sharing of data at various levels, from the enterprise to manufacturing execution systems, to process automation and distributed control systems.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, USA, American Industrial Systems, Inc. (AIS) offers in-house electronic and mechanical design, software development, manufacturing, production and quality control services. Offering one of the widest ranges of industrial computing solutions, AIS open platform control and monitoring solutions are available in a multitude of configurations for industrial, building automation, oil & gas, military and marine applications. The company's HMI solutions are key enabling technologies for the Internet of Things (IoT), Industrial Internet of Things, (IIoT), Machine-to-Machine Communications (M2M) and Industry 4.0 applications. AIS is fully committed to empowering, improving and delivering turnkey HMI, control, monitoring and display solutions for OEM, ODM and end-user customers. AIS is an ISO 9001:2008 certified supplier and manufacturer of rugged computers and displays, and received completion of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) registration from the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC). For more information, visit: www.aispro.com
Other recent news items:
- Lantronix Reports Fiscal 2016 First Quarter Financial Results
- NASA and ICAP Patent Brokerage Partner on Fourth Intellectual Property Auction
- Building Robotics Launches +Comfy
- Jabil Awarded Supply Chain Security Champion by Cisco
- Digimarc Reports Lower Third Quarter 2015 Financial Results
- Newest Digimarc SDK Has Best-in-Class Barcode Scanning for Smartphones
- Top Ten Trends You'll See at #IDTechEx Show! USA 2015
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews