TOKYO, JAPAN--(Marketwired - November 30, 2015) - Aplix IP Holdings Corporation (TSE: 3727M) today announced that it has developed the world's first analog integrated circuit (IC) specifically designed for the Internet of Things (IoT). This analog IC will enable the creation of a single-chip solution that can connect a wide range of generic home and office appliances to the Internet.
Generic home and office appliances are made from analog electronic components such as thermostats, water detectors, heaters and motors. To connect such products to digital products and communication networks such as smartphones and the Internet, interface circuits for each set of wildly varying analog electric components must be designed and manufactured with many electric components, such as transistors, resistors, capacitors and inductors.
Aplix has been developing and manufacturing wireless modules to connect various home and office appliances to the Internet since 2010. More than 100 home and office appliance manufacturers are using Aplix's wireless modules to develop products that can connect to the Internet. But interface circuits for each different product and feature had to be designed and manufactured.
Aplix's comprehensive experience in connecting vast products and features to the Internet has provided us the exhaustive and in-depth knowledge required to design and develop a comprehensive analog interface that can connect all of these products.
Aplix has also developed a digital logic which can be configured to detect status changes of home and office appliances and continuously control them without any CPU. A single-chip IoT solution (SoC) can be realized by combining a Bluetooth semiconductor IP and processor IP. In addition to delivering SoC solutions to home and office appliance manufacturers, Aplix will be licensing the analog and digital design (IP) library to semiconductor companies and foundries.
Aplix has been conducting research and development of machine-to-machine (M2M) technologies to connect home and office appliances to the Internet since 2004. Aplix's new analog IC, representing the culmination of over ten years of experience and knowledge, will become the master key -- unlocking the world of IoT and enabling Aplix to continue its market leadership in this dynamic and rapidly expanding field.
* The names of companies and products included in this press release are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
- New Passive Sensor Tag Identifies Water Leaks in Vehicles
- Covectra Announces New Anti-Counterfeit and Track & Trace System
- IoT Device Market Projected to grow from $4 bn to $50 billion in 5 years
- Internet of Things Inc. Completes Convertible Debenture Financing
- Researchers Predict IoT Attacks Will Characterize Emerging Threat in 2016
- Website To Rank Warehouse Management Software (WMS) Providers
- OMA Presents TestFest and Seminar Aimed at IoT Industry
- Omni-ID Named to Most Promising Oil & Gas Technology Solution Providers List by CIO Review
- Intrinsic-ID to Showcase IoT Security Solution at InvenSense Conf
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.