MEMS & Sensors Industry Group Speakers Share What's New for Wearables, Smart Home, AR/VR, Autonomous Cars and the IoT
PITTSBURGH, PA--(Marketwired - Dec 7, 2015) - MEMS & Sensors Industry Group's conference track at CES 2016®, "The Internet of MEMS & Sensors," will help consumer electronics original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and embedded systems integrators navigate the emerging capabilities of microelectromechanical systems (MEMS)/sensors -- the component technology essential to wearables, smart home appliances/systems, augmented reality/virtual reality (AR/VR), autonomous cars and the Internet of Things (IoT).
"Enabling indispensable features such as context awareness, indoor navigation, gesture recognition and activity monitoring in the connected applications on which we rely daily, MEMS/sensors are driving new user experiences in today's and tomorrow's consumer electronics," said Karen Lightman, executive director, MEMS & Sensors Industry Group. "Our CES 2016 conference track offers attendees a unique vantage point into how influential OEMs/integrators like Huawei, Qualcomm Technologies Inc. and Delphi Automotive are using MEMS/sensors from leading suppliers like Bosch, Analog Devices, InvenSense, STMicroelectronics and Freescale in order to stay ahead in an exponentially more competitive marketplace. Conference track attendees can expect to walk away with keener insights on the technological and manufacturing advances behind the next generation of MEMS/sensors."
- Emerging MEMS & Sensors in Consumer Electronics -- Karen Lightman, executive director, MEMS & Sensors Industry Group
- Building the Connected Ecosystem for Smart Cities -- Kiva Allgood, vice president of global market development, Smart Cities and Industrial IoT, Qualcomm Technologies Inc.
- Running through Virtual Reality -- David Allan, president, Virtuix
- Reshaping Wearables with Conformal Electronic Systems -- Roozbeh Ghaffari, co-founder and CTO, MC10
- Panel: Wearables and Smart Sensors Advancing User Interface
- Sensor Fusion and the Automated/Autonomous Car -- Gary O'Brien, global director of advanced engineering, Delphi Automotive
- Smart Homes as First IoT Test Case -- Ian Chen, systems, applications, software and algorithms marketing, Sensor Solutions Division, Freescale Semiconductor
- Panel: MEMS/Sensors Executives - Technology Trends for the IoT
- Paradigm Shift in Sensor Innovation and Manufacturing -- Mo Maghsoudnia, vice president of technology and worldwide manufacturing, InvenSense
- Wearable as Accessory of the IoT -- Sean Ding, chief scientist, Huawei
Visit MEMS & Sensors Industry Group and Members on the Show Floor
MEMS & Sensors Industry Group will also host a Member Pavilion on the show floor, featuring some of the newest MEMS/sensors products and sensor fusion systems as well as companies specializing in custom product design and systems-on-chip (SoC) for sensors. Co-exhibitors include: Cinder Solutions, Interlink Electronics, mCube, notAnotherOne, PNI Sensor Corp., QuickLogic and ZMDI. Booth sponsors include: Akustica, Analog Devices, Bosch Automotive Electronics and Bosch Sensortec GmbH.
MEMS & Sensors Industry Group's booth is located in Booth #70536, Tech West, Sands Expo, Level 2, Halls A-C (Smart Home Marketplace) and will be open January 6-9, 2016 during CES 2016 exhibition hours.
Conference Registration Information
MEMS & Sensors Industry Group's full-day conference, "The Internet of MEMS & Sensors," will be held January 7, 2016 from 9-4:30 p.m. in Venetian, Level 4, Marcello 4404. Register via: http://www.cesweb.org/Conference/Conference-Tracks/The-Internet-of-MEMS-and-Sensors.
About MEMS & Sensors Industry Group
MEMS & Sensors Industry Group is the trade association advancing MEMS and sensors across global markets. Nearly 200 companies and industry partners comprise MEMS & Sensors Industry Group, including Analog Devices, Applied Materials, ARM, Bosch, EV Group, Freescale Semiconductor, GE, GLOBALFOUNDRIES, HP, HTC Corporation, Huawei, Goertek, Infineon, Intel, InvenSense, Jawbone, Kionix, Knowles Corporation, Lenovo, OMRON Electronic Components, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., SONY Electronics, SPTS Technologies, STMicroelectronics, Texas Instruments and TSMC. For more information, visit: www.memsindustrygroup.org.
MEMS & Sensors Industry Group and the MEMS & Sensors Industry Group logo are registered trademarks of MEMS & Sensors Industry Group. All other product and company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
- ^ MEMS & Sensors Industry Group's (ctt.marketwire.com)
- ^ The Internet of MEMS & Sensors (ctt.marketwire.com)
- ^ Building the Connected Ecosystem for Smart Cities (ctt.marketwire.com)
- ^ Running through Virtual Reality (ctt.marketwire.com)
- ^ Reshaping Wearables with Conformal Electronic Systems (ctt.marketwire.com)
- Nypro Healthcare Named a Thermo Fisher Scientific Supplier of the Year
- Industrial Internet Applications Powered by AIS's Touch Screen HMI Panels
- Internet of Things World Forum Showcases Smart City Technology
- Janam Fuels Safety Inspections for ExxonMobil
- Digimarc to Present at Investor Conference on December 10
- HP Enterprise Drives Intelligence at 'The Edge' With New IoT Solutions
- Omni-ID Named Emerging Technology Award Winner for 2015
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews