DALLAS, TX--(Marketwired - Dec 29, 2015) - Parks Associates research shows nearly 50% U.S. broadband households with a smart programmable thermostat are concerned about privacy and security compared to 23% of non-owners, and 30% of smart TV owners have privacy and security concerns compared to 20% of non-owners. The research firm and industry leaders from Verimatrix, Intel Security, Zubie, Cisco, NXP Semiconductors, and Facebook will address new solutions to increase security and new incentives to help drive continued adoption of connected devices at CONNECTIONS™ Summit: IoT, Entertainment, and the Connected Consumer, January 6-7 during CES® in Las Vegas.
"Consumers want personalized services, but ownership of smart home and connected CE devices, combined with high-profile media coverage of corporate data breaches, increases their privacy and data security concerns," said Brad Russell, Research Analyst, Parks Associates. "All age groups share similar levels of privacy and security concerns, but the willingness to share personal data increases with each younger age group, peaking among heads of household 18-24. These findings reveal an opportunity for companies to target younger consumers with incentives in exchange for data, which they can leverage to improve the consumer experience and better manage security of their solutions."
The tenth-annual CONNECTIONS™ Summit will take place at the Venetian Hotel, Level 4, Room Marcello 4501. Russell will moderate the session "Personalization and Big Data: Securing Consumer Privacy" at 3:45 p.m. on January 6 with the following speakers:
- Steve Christian, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Verimatrix
- Gary Davis, Chief Consumer Security Evangelist, Intel Security
- Navin Ganeshan, VP and Head of Product, Zubie
- Steve Gorretta, Product Line Manager, Connected Home Software, Cisco
- Sami Nassar, Vice President, Cyber Security Solutions, NXP Semiconductors
- Sagar Savla, Data Science Engineer, Facebook
Parks Associates reports that increased security and transparent data collection can be a key differentiator among consumers, while companies can use big data to enhance every aspect of business operations, including optimization of product performance, new revenue streams from value-added services, cross-promotional partnerships, targeted offers, and a deeper knowledge of consumer behavior.
Privacy and Big Data: Safeguarding Consumers evaluates best practices for companies to store and use data while providing consumers with the necessary levels of privacy and security. The report examines the sources of big data, the value of big data analysis to enhance product performance and create new revenue streams, and the necessity of data security throughout the technology stack.
- Almost one-half of broadband households have privacy or security concerns about one or more smart home devices.
- Among U.S. broadband households, connected devices that prompt the highest levels of concern are computers, tablets, smartphones, smart door locks, and smart garage openers.
Sponsors of CONNECTIONS™ Summit include Cirrent, F-Secure, Affinegy, AirTies, Alarm.com, Carrier, CSS Corp, EVRYTHNG, Greenwave Systems, Icontrol Networks, MivaTek, NXP, PlumChoice, Radialpoint, ROC-Connect, Support.com, ULE Alliance, Vivint, WeatherBug Home, and Zonoff.
About CONNECTIONS™ Summit at CES
CONNECTIONS™ Summit at CES is an annual research and industry event hosted by international research firm Parks Associates at CES in Las Vegas. The executive event features two days of panel discussions on the smart home, Internet of Things (IoT), and connected entertainment, with trends and implications for connected consumers and opportunities for companies to build new revenues and innovative business models.
The 2016 CONNECTIONS™ Summit will take place January 6-7 during CES, which runs January 6-9 in Las Vegas. Follow the event on Twitter at @CONN_Summit.
- 5 Signs Your Company Is Ready for a New ERP System
- Smart HomeKit Sensors for Temperature and Water Detection On Display at CES 2016
- CrowdReviews.com Starting to Rank Inventory Control Software Providers
- Qylur Intelligent Systems Adds Homeland Security Expert to Advisory Board
- CIOs and Business Leaders to Converge at AGENDA16 to Build the Digital Business
- OSF Global Services and Arrayent Present IoT and Salesforce Integration at CES 2016
- Cappasity Completes $650K Seed Round to Develop Affordable 3D Scanning Solutions
- TEKLYNX International Earns Spot On Food Logistics FL100+ list
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews