SAN FRANCISCO, March 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The global connected retail market size is expected to reach USD 53.75 billion by 2022 according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing adoption of Internet of Things (IoT) across retail sector is expected to drive the connected retail market over the forecast period. IoT offers retailers opportunities in three important areas, the supply chain, customer experience, and new channels & revenue streams. Several retailers have successfully embraced IoT to help customers connect with the next-generation consumers, sophisticated technology, and leveraging connected devices.
Emerging retailing formats such as omni channel retailing are anticipated to fuel industry growth over the next seven years. Omni channel retailing offers a seamless and flexible shopping experience to customers by integrating and aligning channels. It creates opportunities for retailers to capture more sales and increase loyalty and brand awareness.
The widening presence of mobile devices and the expanded use of mobile networks such as e-commerce engines are expected to serve as facilitators for a unified online/offline retailing experience.
However, possibilities of unauthorized access to various IoT applications or breaking into the device connectivity system are expected to challenge the IoT connected devices industry.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Connected Retail Market Analysis By Solution (Hardware, Software), Technology (ZigBee, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth LE, Near-Field Communication), Service (Managed Services, Professional Services, Remote Device Management Service) And Segment Forecasts To 2022" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/connected-retail-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- The hardware segment is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 19% over the forecast period. The software segment is expected to witness highest growth over the next seven years owing to increasing number of applications for retail industry. Emerging app-driven hardware and embedded software into connected devices and the capability to monetize such device features and functions may contribute to industry growth. Hardware segment comprises sensors, RFID and gateway components.
- Bluetooth LE is expected to witness substantial growth, with a CAGR of over 25% over the forecast period due to significantly low power consumption. Bluetooth Low Energy has a very low transmission frequency, which greatly improves the power consumption. Wi-Fi technology dominated the market with the revenue share of over 32% in 2014.
- Managed services segment is contributed to over 40% of the overall global revenue shares in 2014. Implementing these services reduces the IT costs and enables retailers to gain the technical advantage. Retailers are increasingly outsourcing services to reduce risks and focus on its core competencies.
- Asia Pacific regional market is expected to grow at a CAGR of nearly 25% over the forecast period. Major manufacturers in the industry are based in China, owing to cheap labor and higher production capacities. Further, China is making heavy investments in IoT industry, which may contribute to market growth.
- Key industry participants include Atmel Corporation, ARM Holdings PLC, Cisco Systems, Inc., IBM, Google, Inc., Intel Corporation, NXP Semiconductors N.V.,Microsoft Corporation, PTC, Inc., Softweb Solutions, Inc., SAP AG and Zebra Technologies Corporation.
Grand View Research has segmented the global connected retail market on the basis of solution, technology, service and region:
- Connected Retail Solution Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Connected Retail Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Bluetooth LE
- Connected Retail Service Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Managed service
- Professional service
- Remote device management service
- Connected Retail Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Smart Label Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/smart-label-market
- Cleanroom Technology Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cleanroom-technology-market
- Smart Kitchen Appliances Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/smart-kitchen-appliances-market
- Bring Your Own App (BYOA) Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/bring-your-own-app-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Other Bar Code News Blogs that may interest you:
- Finalists Unveiled for 10th Annual RFID Journal Awards
- Money Saving Technology Enables Food Processors to Comply with Traceability
- ACCEO Retail Payment Solution Receives EMV Certification for iPP320 PIN Device
- Control Solutions, Inc. Announces Company Name Change To POSDATA Group
- Channel Partners Are Converging With the Internet of Things
- Intellicheck Mobilisa Sues Honeywell for Infringement of Multiple Patents
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.