REDWOOD CITY, CA--(Marketwired - May 13, 2016) - C3 IoT CEO Thomas M. Siebel delivered the keynote address on the impact of the Industrial Internet of Things at a symposium on IoT and sustainability, hosted by the Center for Information Technology Research in the Interest of Society (CITRIS) and the Banatao Institute at UC Berkeley yesterday.
Siebel discussed the power of next-generation technologies, including real-time streaming analytics, machine learning, and elastic cloud computing, to deliver a new class of smart applications that support predictive decision making, optimize operational efficiency, and minimize industrial risks. As value chains across energy production, healthcare, transportation, and telecommunications become increasingly sensored and connected, there is immense potential for the integration, processing, and analysis of big data to enhance the safety, reliability, resilience, and environmental integrity of large-scale systems and provide extraordinary social and economic benefit.
"We were honored to have Tom Siebel offer keynote remarks at the conference. He has established a proven track record in identifying and applying improvements in information technology to solve complex system problems," said Dr. Camille Crittenden, Deputy Director, CITRIS. "Our audience of academic, industry, and government leaders gained unique insight from his expertise in using advanced data science to deliver on the promise of the Internet of Things."
CITRIS and the Banatao Institute hosted this week's symposium, called "IoT & Sustainability: Practice, Policy and Promise," to explore the promise of IoT platforms as a nexus of innovation for managing energy, water, and transportation in urban environments. Attendees discussed technology-enabled opportunities to promote sustainability and business, and how these developments can be implemented to improve efficiency and civic health.
About C3 IoT
C3 IoT provides a full-stack IoT development platform (PaaS) that enables the rapid design, development, and deployment of even the largest-scale enterprise applications that leverage big data, telemetry, elastic cloud computing, analytics, machine learning, and social human computer interaction models. C3 IoT also provides a family of turn-key SaaS IoT applications including predictive maintenance, fraud detection, sensor network health, supply chain optimization, investment planning, and customer engagement. More information is at http://C3IoT.com.
Other barcode/RFID news:
- Group Mobile Features Juno T41 Rugged Handheld Computer, Improved Rugged Classifications
- Brolly Event Solutions and Wrist/Global Announce Event Technology Partnership
- Wasp Barcode Technologies and Impiger Technologies Develop and Launch AssetCloud
- AIM North America Honors AIDC Industry Leaders
- Industrial Barcode Scanner Market to Grow at 6.13 Percent
- Smart Labels Market by Technology, Components, Application, End-use Industry
- Zebra First Quarter 2016 Results - Net Sales Down Compared to 1Q15
- Bayshore Networks Raises $6.6 Million From Trident Capital Cybersecurity and Investors
- Hitachi Unveils Lumada Internet of Things Core Platform
- Sensor Tadpole voted “Best New Product” at #RFIDLive 2016
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.