Johnston Amusements equips its rides and attractions with Janam’s XT1 Android mini-tablets
WOODBURY, New York – - Janam Technologies LLC, a leading provider of rugged mobile computers that scan barcodes and communicate wirelessly, announced today that Johnston Amusements recently deployed a new ticketless solution powered by XT1 rugged mini-tablets from Janam to streamline operations, reduce costs and enhance the guest experience at its fairs and festivals.
For more than 50 years, Johnston Amusements has been bringing quality family entertainment to central and northern California. With a focus on providing a differentiated and superior family fun experience, Johnston Amusements tasked ID Card with developing a virtual ticket solution that would eliminate ticket fraud, provide up-to the-minute data on overall operations and reduce lines for Johnston’s more than 50 rides and attractions. Following a comprehensive search for a feature-rich, reliable and affordable device that is built to exacting standards of quality, ID Card and Johnston Amusements selected Janam’s XT1 rugged mini-tablet.
- ·Johnston Amusements has equipped all of its rides, attractions and concessions stands with Janam’s XT1 rugged mini-tablets to transform its fairs and festivals into cashless, ticketless operations.
- ·The new solution replaces the traditional paper ticket system. Instead of the tedious and time-consuming task of tearing off the right number of tickets for each ride, guests can purchase a ride card that is scanned with the XT1 as guests enter each attraction. The card can be loaded with the desired number of tickets and is easily replenished as needed.
- ·With its industry-leading 2D scanning technology, the XT1 scans each card instantly, so guests wait far less time to board each ride. Cashless payment at concession and game stands also improves transaction efficiency and reduces the risk of human error.
- ·The new solution drastically reduces the time spent on accounting procedures. Data is available in real-time, discrepancies are virtually eliminated and opportunities for employee theft are significantly reduced.
- ·Real-time reporting saves Johnston Amusements up to 8 hours daily. Employees no longer need to collect, hand count and weigh paper tickets to report the number of tickets collected and sold each day.
Harry B Lerner, CEO, Janam Technologies
“To provide a more enjoyable guest experience, intelligent organizations like Johnston Amusements look for new and unique ways to eliminate the common frustrations fair and festival patrons encounter. Our XT1 enables Johnston employees to spend more time on guests’ needs, while also helping management improve overall staffing and accounting operations.”
Michael Hallahan, President, ID Card Inc.
“With ticketless systems typically costing upwards of $2 million, cost is prohibitive for small- to mid-size organizations. The XT1 is a game-changer. It provides the features, functionality and reliability superior to a consumer-grade device, all at a highly attractive price point.”
Gordon Johnston, General Manager, Johnston Amusements
“We strive to offer the best amusement experience possible. Janam and ID Card have provided us with a virtual solution that allows our guests to focus on creating long-lasting memories without the hassle of counting tickets and waiting in long lines. In addition, the XT1 is giving us access to an enormous amount of data that is helping us make smarter business decisions.”
Janam Technologies LLC is a provider of rugged, handheld computing devices for mobile workers. Janam combines deep industry knowledge with advanced technologies to deliver products and accessories that increase productivity, reduce costs and improve customer satisfaction. Specializing in purpose-built mobile computers that scan barcodes and communicate wirelessly, Janam offers products that are designed to run mission-critical applications in retail, healthcare, hospitality, manufacturing and logistics. For more information, visit www.janam.com.
About ID Card Inc.
ID Card is a card production facility that prides itself on developing applications that increase card sales. From the beginning ID Card developed a gift and rewards card web-based program for the retail industry, and with the popularity of application development and the success of the mobile industry, it began working with its sister company SnapShot Technologies to develop mobile applications for many industries. ID Card specialize in cross platforms utilizing the technology of Xamarin (recently acquired by Microsoft).
About Johnston Amusements
Johnston Amusements has been entertaining families for the last 50 years, and hopes to continue doing so for the next 50 and beyond! Johnston Amusements strives to offer the best amusement experience around and is in the business of creating long lasting memories of fun and joy for the whole family.
Other Bar Code blogs that may interest you:
- IBM Enables abof.com to Bring Personalized Experiences to Millennial Shoppers
- Theresa Wise, CIO Veteran, Joins Impinj Board of Directors
- Need for Accuracy in Data Capture and Storage for the Industrial Barcode Scanner Market
- Kalispell Regional Healthcare Now Uses Plexus TG's Anesthesia and Medication Management
- Medical Tracking Solutions, Inc., Adds OMNIlife science, Inc. to Client Roster
- Impinj RFID Brings Data To Omnichannel Sales and Fulfillment
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.