SAN JOSE, CALIFORNIA (PRWEB) JUNE 07, 2016
ASAP Systems, a leading provider of barcode inventory systems, announced today that it will now offer a line of enterprise-grade cases with integrated laser barcode scanning capabilities for select Apple mobile devices.
“We wanted to give our customers a distinct advantage when it comes to barcode scanning and data collection,” said Elie Touma, CEO of ASAP Systems. “With the proliferation of BYOD hardware, this makes for a powerful combination that lowers cost and improves productivity.”
The new set of hardware, called “sleds”, are enterprise grade encasements for the iPad mini, iPhone (5, 5s, 6, 6s) and iPod touch. Used in combination with BarCloud, these sleds help improve the productivity of employees scanning barcodes and looking up inventory. In addition to the inventory management capabilities of the BarCloud Pro mobile application, users experience the fast-scanning action of a true enterprise-grade laser barcode scanner.
Other notable benefits of the Honeywell Enterprise Sleds for Apple devices include:
- Read barcodes twice as fast as using the device’s built-in camera
- Greater durability and protection from drops
- Increased savings from using consumer-grade devices with enterprise-grade accessories
- Scan poorly printed barcodes and scan effectively from odd angles
- 60% more battery life
- Device failure rates 80% lower
BarCloud Pro now provides a seamless way to login on select Apple devices using fingerprint instead of entering login credentials. Fingerprints are a very secure form of passcode and are especially convenient for oft-used business apps on mobile devices. Users simply place their finger on their iPad or iPhone’s built-in Touch ID fingerprint sensor for automatic login to BarCloud Pro.
To learn more about ASAP Systems’ new barcode scanning accessories visit: https://www.asapsystems.com/barcloud/hardware_inventory.php#scanners
Other Barcode Blogs that may interest you:
- Supply Chain Tech Show Almost Here - 2016 SCTECH July
- GS1 Modifies Standards to Enable First Mobile Barcoded Coupons for Manufacturers
- Infolinx System Solution Exhibits at ARMA Canada Conference
- Barcoding, Inc. Recognized on CRN’s 2016 Solution Provider 500 List
- New GS1 US Mobile Scan Solution Delivers Next Revolution in Product Identification
- Technavio Announces Top 16 Vendors in the Industrial Barcode Scanner Market Until 2020
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.