PITTSBURGH, PA--(Marketwired - Jun 29, 2016) - MEMS & Sensors Industry Group® (MSIG) invites attendees to a special half-day workshop on the convergence of MicroElectroMechanical Systems (MEMS) devices, sensors, flexible substrates and semiconductors in the Internet of Things (IoT) at SEMICON West on July 13, 2016. Speakers will explore the theme "From Collision to Convergence: Co-Creating Solutions in the Semiconductor and MEMS/Sensors Industry" as they address a new and necessary level of collaboration for enabling IoT and other growing applications.
"The supply chain for the IoT is complex, and navigating its dynamic ecosystem requires collaboration among stakeholders," said Karen Lightman, executive director, MEMS & Sensors Industry Group. "By focusing on pre- and non-competitive challenges, industry players work toward common goals that benefit all -- and that are only possible through collaborative effort. Attendees of the MSIG and SEMI joint workshop will get updates on the most pressing challenges to the increased use of MEMS, sensors and semiconductors in IoT applications."
"Our joint workshop with MSIG at SEMICON West 2016 is a great forum to work together through the key convergence issues as well as to set the agenda for next steps on our shared goals," said Denny McGuirk, president and CEO of SEMI. "SEMI and MSIG started with a joint survey on MEMS, sensors and semiconductors in early 2015 and immediately found traction among industry players. With its focus on industry realities like consolidation and the extended supply chain, this workshop takes on the key intersections and inflections."
MSIG Chief Strategy Officer Steve Whalley and SEMI Vice President of Product Management and Business Development Bettina Weiss will co-chair the joint workshop. The agenda features:
- Keynote: Leveraging M&A in a Converging Semiconductor and MEMS/Sensor IoT World, Greg Mischou, senior partner, Woodside Capital Partners, LLC
- Panel discussion with panelists from:
- Breakout Sessions -- breakout groups will report on specific actions that companies can take to address these challenges/opportunities.
MSIG and MSIG member companies will be on the show floor at SEMICON West. Please visit MSIG in Booth N4 or visit http://msigevents.org/semicon-west-2016 for a list of MSIG exhibiting member companies and partners.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
The MSIG and SEMI joint workshop takes place July 13, 2016 from 1:00-5:00 p.m. at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis, 780 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA. Pre-registration is required: http://bit.ly/28IOUbK
ABOUT MEMS & SENSORS INDUSTRY GROUP
MEMS & Sensors Industry Group (MSIG) is the trade association advancing MEMS and sensors across global markets. MSIG advocates for near-term commercialization of MEMS/sensors-based products through a wide range of activities, such as conferences, technical working groups and education. By bringing the TSensors™ (Trillion Sensors) Enterprise under the umbrella of events and programs, MSIG also increases worldwide awareness of emerging MEMS/sensors-based applications with huge commercialization potential in the next decade and beyond.
Other Bar Code news blogs that may interest you:
- Microscan Announces Release of WebLink 1.1, New Features for MicroHAWK Barcode Readers
- TEKLYNX Launches “In the Gray” Educational Series for Supply Chain Decision-Makers
- OnlineLabels.com Launches Tools to Help Food Manufacturers with New FDA Requirements
- Seagull Scientific Announces New Headquarters Office
- Advantech-DLoG Announces Partnership with ScanSource POS and Barcode in North America
- Visage Upgrades Mobile Imaging Apps - Includes Touch-ID authentication, barcode scanning
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.