SAN JOSE, Calif., July 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Flex (NASDAQ: FLEX), a leading Sketch-to-Scale™ solutions provider that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world, has partnered with MAS Holdings, a technology apparel design-to-delivery solutions provider, to develop revolutionary new wearable technologies that accelerate and integrate the Intelligence of Things into clothing and enable more natural, intuitive interactions between people and technology.
The two companies will preview the new technology they have collaborated on for integration with clothing at the WT | Wearable Technologies Conference at Fort Mason Center in San Francisco, July 12-13.
In addition to working together and with an ecosystem of independent third-party collaborators, the Flex and MAS partnership focuses on:
- Developing new technologies: Collaborating on development of next-generation wearables and smart clothing, optimized through key innovations in technology, textiles and fabrics.
- Bringing new products to market: Collaborating on Sketch-to-Scale product development, beginning at the design stages, to provide apparel brands with a simplified development process for integration of next generation wearable technology.
- Streamlining processes: Improving supply chain efficiency for streamlined production, procurement and distribution.
Mike Dennison, president of the Consumer Technologies Group at Flex, said, "In addition to being a leading innovator in textiles and apparel, MAS has been a valued partner on many previous wearables projects Flex has worked on, including the Lumo Run product, launching later this year. We are looking forward to further expanding our relationship, and collaborating on accelerating innovation in the wearables technology market."
Lumo Run is an example of 'smart clothing' that combines fashion, technology and function, with the potential to be 'every athlete's portable running coach.' The pending launch marks a collaborative initiative by Lumo Bodytech, MAS and Flex. The technology, based on sports biomechanics research on distance running done at Loughborough University in the UK, has already resulted in new knowledge about running technique, identifying key characteristics for ideal running form.
Mahesh Amalean, chairman of MAS Holdings, said, "Global partnerships have always played a key role in MAS's success, helping us move into new frontiers in process, product and technology. This exciting collaboration with Flex is the next iteration, enabling us to work together by integrating technology into apparel and delivering revolutionary products to the consumer."
Flextronics International Ltd. is a leading Sketch-to-Scale™ solutions company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world. With approximately 200,000 professionals across 30 countries and a promise to help the world Live Smarter™, Flex provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services to companies of all sizes in various industries and end-markets. For more information, visit www.flextronics.com or follow us on Twitter @Flextronics.
About MAS Holdings
MAS Holdings is an apparel technology company, where trusted industry experience meets cutting edge expertise. Built on a tradition of strong values based on honesty and integrity, MAS is a globally recognized concept-to-delivery solutions provider, with an ecosystem of design offices, apparel and component manufacturing plants, customized IT solutions for the apparel and footwear industry, private Industrial Parks and retail Brands. The MAS manufacturing footprint comprises 48 state-of-the-art facilities located in 15 countries employing over 80,000 associates. With expansive product capabilities, a customer portfolio of world renowned fashion and sports brands and a focus on health & wellness and wearable technology, MAS has perfected the seamless integration of technology and apparel.
Other Bar Code news blogs that may interest you:
- Identiv to Showcase Networked Physical Access at Cisco Live! Las Vegas
- Dynamsoft Debuts iOS Developer SDK to Turn iPhones into Barcode Scanning Tools
- CSL Completes Management Buyout and Adds Strategic Investor
- Microscan Selected as One of the Top 10 Machine Vision Solution Providers
- Honeywell Launches Slimmest Scan Engine, Compact Decoding Board for 2D Barcode Reading
- Datalogic Invests in New Warsaw Office
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.