DOVER, N.J., July 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Casio America, Inc. is excited to announce the introduction of its newest Android point of sale (POS) product, the V-R200, for the U.S. and Canadian markets. The V-R200, a successor to Casio's V-R100, will be exhibited and introduced during the RetailNOW show in Casio's booth (#525), which takes place at the Gaylord Palms Resort in Grapevine, TX on August 1-2, 2016.
"Casio is dedicated to providing technology-driven POS systems to its customers, designed to be ideal for a variety of businesses from cafeterias to retail operations," said Lawrence W. Sampey, General Manager of Casio's Systems Products Division. "The V-R200 is newer and faster than the V-R100, all in one affordable and sleek package."
The V-R200 POS terminal operates on flash ROM technology and provides the flexibility and security of the Android platform, without the hassle of expensive and unreliable hard drives or noisy cooling fans. As a successor to the popular and innovative V-R100, Casio's V-R200 offers the same hardware configuration as its predecessor, with a 10.4" adjustable color touch screen, a built-in thermal printer, Ethernet ports and a swivel 2 X 20 customer display. Additional new features exclusive to the V-R200 include:
- Faster thermal printer (120mm/sec vs. 70mm/sec)
- Newer Android platform
- Improved printer paper guide
- Improved printer cover (latched rather than completely removable)
- External power supply
- Increased memory – 1GB of RAM
- USB port can be used as a Host or Client communications
Casio's V-R200 is an open platform terminal, providing users with the option of either leveraging Casio's standard software (version 4.6.0 and higher) or utilizing a third party application. Casio's standard application is designed for quick service, cafeteria, concession, and retail operations, and includes features such as multiple menu screens and price levels, large item file, modifier windows, historical reporting, customer file for both loyalty and transaction charges, reservation file, and more. It also offers the ability to send reports automatically to an FTP site or to be emailed. On the open platform side of the V-R200, Casio provides a DCL (Device Control Library) to other POS software companies looking to interface their software on the V-R platform. This allows users to leverage a variety of software applications to run on the model, which are designed for a range of businesses.
About Casio America, Inc.
Casio America, Inc., Dover, N.J., is the U.S. subsidiary of Casio Computer Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan, one of the world's leading manufacturers of consumer electronics and business equipment solutions. Established in 1957, Casio America, Inc. markets calculators, keyboards, digital cameras, mobile presentation devices, disc title and label printers, watches, cash registers and other consumer electronic products. Casio has strived to fulfill its corporate creed of "creativity and contribution" through the introduction of innovative and imaginative products. For more information, visit www.casiousa.com.
Other Barcode news blogs that may interest you:
- Zebra Technologies to Release Second Quarter Results on Aug. 9, 2016
- Datalogic announces multi-purpose device for retail application
- Leading Event in Enterprise Mobility Returns to Atlanta and Barcelona
- ’Shopping for The Future’ Group Formed in Japan to study Digimarc Barcode Impact
- Star Micronics to Showcase New POS Printing and Cash Drawer Solutions at RSPA RetailNOW
- Parks Asc Sr Research Director to Address Digital Health at mHealth and Telehealth World
- KOAMTAC Announces 1D CCD Models of the KDC20 and KDC350 Barcode Scanner and NFC Reader