Eugene, OR – July 25, 2016 – Datalogic, a global leader in Automatic Data Capture and Industrial Automation markets, and world-class producer of bar code readers, mobile computers, sensors, vision systems and laser marking equipment announces the Joya™ Touch multi-purpose device for retail.
The Joya Touch multi-purpose device allows consumer facing applications such as Self-Shopping, Queue Busting and Gift Registry to be resident on the same device as operational applications such as Shelf Replenishment, Inventory Control, Mark Downs, Price Checks and more. The handheld and pistol grip form factors allow retailers to deploy device configurations to match their specific applications needs. The Joya Touch device is easily customizable offering the retailer options for corporate branding and marketing placements on the device.
Datalogic aggressively designed the Joya Touch device to best meet and exceed all aspects of retail application requirements with features such as:
- Bluetooth®v4 and Beacon technology that allows for in-store localization. This facilitates connections to a wide range of devices such as payment systems, headsets and printers.
- Unique wireless charging capabilities/contact free charging offering retailers a longer lifespan of the units while decreasing support costs.
- Recharging in only 2.5 hours, with a boost recharge feature ensuring 80 minutes of use after only 15 minutes of charging.
- Three bay dock easily charges both handheld and pistol grip designed devices, offering both high density or high visibility options.
- 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi radio, offers dual band support for interference free communications.
- 4.3 inch touch display that employs Corning ®Gorilla® Glass 3 for industrial strength qualities while offering both FWVGA and QVGA resolutions.
- Microsoft Windows Embedded Compact 7 (WEC7) offering full legacy compatibility.
The Joya Touch device supports Datalogic’s Cloud-ready Shopevolution™ 7 middleware. This multi-channel software platform operates in-cloud and on-premises. One instance of this software is able to manage multiple stores simultaneously, delivering substantial time savings and cost reduction. The Joya Touch handheld device also supports third-party self-shopping software.
The Joya Touch device and Shopevolution 7 middleware are recipients of the 2016 POPAI Award in the Digital and Technological Innovation – App category. Francesco Montanari, VP and GM of the BU Mobile Computing at Datalogic states, “This is the multi-purpose device that is ideal for every retail application offering the customers a fun and easy method of shopping while optimizing the retailers’ ROI.”
The Joya Touch multi-purpose device includes proprietary Datalogic SoftSpot™ triggering technology. SoftSpot allows users to position the onscreen trigger button anywhere on the large touchscreen display. Other features included: support for Datalogic’s Queue-Busting app., advanced 2D imaging technology, high fidelity speaker, Datalogic patented ‘Green Spot’ good-read feedback and 3-Axis Accelerometer that auto-rotates the screen.
Other exciting news :
- Leading Event in Enterprise Mobility Returns to Atlanta and Barcelona
- ’Shopping for The Future’ Group Formed in Japan to study Digimarc Barcode Impact
- Star Micronics to Showcase New POS Printing and Cash Drawer Solutions at RSPA RetailNOW
- Parks Asc Sr Research Director to Address Digital Health at mHealth and Telehealth World
- KOAMTAC Announces 1D CCD Models of the KDC20 and KDC350 Barcode Scanner and NFC Reader
- Honeywell Launches Wearable Barcode Ring Scanner
- RAIN RFID Alliance Holds North American Meeting, Announces Membership Growth
- Digimarc Expands Executive Depth, Names Heidi Dethloff as Marketing VP
- Digimarc Names Award-Winning Global Expert Matthew Okin as New Packaging Design Director
- Zebra Technologies Adopts Digimarc Barcode to Boost Front-of-Store for Retailers
- Barcoding, Inc. Launches Active Asset Tracker (AAT) Solution
- Broward College Chooses Infolinx WEB for Tracking Physical Files
- PINC named as SDCE Top 100 Supply Chain Projects for 2016
- U.S. Army Reserve Expands Deployment of DT Research's Ultra Rugged Tablets
- Supply Chains Market Survey on Factors Driving Change and Growth
- Vodafone Report Shows Strong Revenue Growth From IoT Adopters in the Americas
- Microscan Demonstrates Combined Auto ID and Machine Vision at AACC Clinical Lab Expo
- KYOCERA Develops World's Smallest Thermal Printhead for Barcode Printing
- Ultracode Standard Introduced by AIM
- NiceLabel Launches Game Changing Software Platform and New Product Line