LONDON, Sept. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The objective of this study is to understand the opportunity for Radio-frequency Identification (RFID) in connected retail. RFID has traditionally been focused on the back-end applications; however, this is about to change as retail transitions from traditional and online business models to that of connected retail. Emerging applications covered in this study include dynamic merchandizing, location-based marketing, and augmented reality. The study analyses the best practices implemented globally, and aims to understand the impact in Asia-Pacific. The study also introduces the concept of retailing metrics, and showcases the evolution of metrics, which will have an impact on the RFID market.
- Smart phone users in Asia Pacific will grow XXXXXXX
- Strong competition from online vendors will force physical retailers to develop digital strategies
- Asia Pacific retail will witness IOT investments XXXXXX
2 Future Opportunities
- Connected retail to focus on addressing the inefficiencies in retailing processes, by using metrics to help monitor and enhance business performance
- RFID to play a crucial role in measuring metrics
- Key metrics in connected retail to include customer profitability, product profitability, total marketing ROI, real-time customer advocacy, and sustainability rating
- RFID vendors to expand inventory management systems in store, and focus on emerging applications with respect to dynamic merchandizing, location-based marketing and augmented reality
- RFID to operate in an ecosystem of technologies and offer more open, easier, and faster integration with these technologies
More barcoding news:
- Microscan Announces New Integrated Label Inspection System for Thermal Transfer Printers
- A Comprehensive Approach to Protect the Industrial Internet
- Industrial Internet Consortium and Plattform Industrie 4.0 drive digital transformation
- Auchan Romania Selects ADC's InterScale Scales Manager
- Plastilam to Purchase Smartrac Prelams for Contactless Access Cards
- G&D Integrated Releases New Ebook: "Making The Case For Logistics Outsourcing"
- Printronix Auto ID Launches High-Performance T6000 Industrial Barcode Printer Series
- Packaging Horizons Launches New Product - The Patient’s Medicine Inventory Security Bag
- GS1 Germany and Digimarc Announce Collaboration to Bring DWCode to the German Market
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews