Adds Rules-Based On-Demand Labeling to its TAG barcode labeling option.
This addition eliminates the following sources of error in printing labels to go on products, cartons, barrels, pallets, and other containers:
1. Selecting the wrong label format to use from a long list of label formats
2. Keying in the wrong data to go on the labels
3. Printing the label out on the wrong barcode label stock
4. Printing the labels ahead of time and then applying the labels to the wrong containers
The TAG module in the BellHawk materials tracking system does this by:
1. Automatically selecting the correct label to print for use on a container depending on such factors as customer, material in container, and type of container
2. Automatically filling in the barcode and human readable data on the label, based on the attributes of the container from the tracking system database.
3. Automatically selecting the correct printer, loaded with the correct media, on which to print the labels based on mobile device and its location
4. Printing the labels on-demand at point-of-application
The rules that govern these choices are easily setup by users in the form of Excel spreadsheets, which are then imported into the BellHawk tracking system's database.
This method is applicable to printing barcodes on a wide range of direct thermal, thermal transfer, and color inkjet printers.
In the latter case, rules can be used to select which colors are to be printed on each label to indicate properties of the materials in the container, such as its quality control status or that the container holds hazardous materials requiring special handling.
For more details, please see the new white paper on "Preventing Barcode Labeling Mistakes by using Rules Based On-Demand Printing" which is reachable through the White Papers link at the bottom of the home page on www.BellHawk.com.
Also see the data sheet on this extension to the BellHawk TAG module, which is reachable from the Data Sheets link at the bottom of the same home page.
Other Barcode News that may interest you:
- Code to Launch the Voice-Ready CR4900 Mobile Device at HIMSS17
- Unitech and StayLinked to Offer Modernized Terminal Emulation Solution
- Systech Sponsors Annual Pharma Packaging and Labeling Expo
- New Research Confirms Superior Functionality and Value of Spectralink PIVOT:SC
- Global Chipless RFID Market set to Cross US$ 3,058 Million Over 2024 - Research
- NextFlex Details Development Projects Focused On Human And Asset Monitoring
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews