LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill. – July 27, 2017 - Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), the market leader in mobile computers, scanners and barcode printers enhanced with software and services to enable real-time enterprise visibility solutions, today announced that The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc., which operates Bon-Ton, Bergner’s, Boston Store, Carson’s, Elder-Beerman, Herberger’s and Younkers stores, selected a Zebra® Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) inventory management technology to quickly restock merchandise, improve the customer experience and increase sales.
By replacing its manual, paper-based process with Zebra’s MC3190-Z RFID handheld reader, Bon-Ton has enabled store associates to fully restock merchandise displays in a fraction of the time - increasing productivity and enabling associates to spend more time servicing shoppers.
- Today, associates in more than 180 Bon-Ton retail department stores use Zebra’s easy-to-use MC3190-Z RFID handheld readers on a daily basis to streamline the display compliance process and know with certainty that all available merchandise is on display.
- As soon as associates arrive in the morning, they scan the selling floor using the MC3190-Z readers to compare items on display against on-hand inventories, helping them identify missing items that should be on the sales floor.
- Store audits revealed that with the previously used manual system, up to 20 percent of merchandise in certain categories might be missing from the sales floor during a given week, resulting in missed sales opportunities.
- The RFID inventory system provides Bon-Ton with deeper visibility into what merchandise is available at all times. It dramatically increases inventory management efficiencies by allowing store associates to scan and tag new merchandise as it first arrives in-store so it can be immediately placed on display, leading to quicker item availability for shoppers and increased sales.
Lisa Celebre, Vice President of Store Operations, The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc.
“Bon-Ton selected Zebra because of its cutting-edge RFID technology and RFID industry leadership. We look forward to expanding this rollout to include additional use cases across all of our stores in support of our omnichannel strategy to support our customers’ changing shopping habits.”
Pat Glennon, Vice President Retail, Zebra Technologies
“Zebra’s Enterprise Asset Intelligence solutions provide retailers with visibility and actionable information about their customers, inventory and other valued assets from the point of sale to the distribution center and beyond. With the more efficient RFID inventory system, Bon-Ton now knows with certainty that all available merchandise is on display to help increase sales and improve the customer experience.”
With the unparalleled operational visibility Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) provides, enterprises become as smart and connected as the world we live in. Real-time information – gleaned from visionary solutions including hardware, software and services – gives organizations the competitive edge they need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses and customers, and empower their mobile workers to succeed in today’s data-centric world. For more information, visit www.zebra.com or sign up for our news alerts. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Other Barcode News:
- 1 Billion 802.15.4 Annual Units in 2022, Says ON World
- Wilbert Funeral Services Utilizes NOVAtime’s Flexible Data Collection/Time Tracking Options
- InComm Launches OTC Network Mobile App
- Display Supply Chain Consultants (DSCC) Opens Shanghai Office
- Urban Creation Implements ASSA ABLOY Hospitality Mobile Access and Locking Solutions
- BarTender Named a Top Logistics Technology Solution Provider
- Socket Mobile Announces 2017 Second Quarter Release Date and Conference Call
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews