Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | August 8, 2017 | AIM, the trusted worldwide industry association for the automatic identification industry, providing unbiased information, educational resources and standards for nearly half a century, announced the new Uniform Symbol Description Standard - KIX (PostNL Klant IndeX code), developed by the AIM Technical Symbology Committee (TSC), is now available for a 30-day public review.
This standard was produced as part of the TSC's postal code project, initiated to promote standardization within the postal code-using industry.
H. Sprague Ackley, Technical Fellow at Honeywell Scanning and Mobility, is leading this effort. "Over the past several years, the decodes for these symbols have been added to hand-held imager bar code scanners. Consequently the need exists to be sure that every vendor’s printer and scanner can be interoperable across the large variety of postal symbologies,” Ackley stated. "The success of this project relies on further industry participation."
The AIM USD symbol, otherwise referred to as KIX, is a height-modulated bar code that encodes the 10 digits and 26 letters of the English alphabet. The name, KIX, is derived from the Dutch "Klant IndeX” (Client Index). A KIX symbol encodes the postcode and house number information for mail addresses in the Netherlands. It is a compact representation of the destination address used for automatic sorting of mail.
Interested reviewers can download the USD - KIX standard https://aimglobal.site-ym.com/page/PostalCodePR
The public review process officially ends September 7, 2017.
- CipherLab Showcases Its Android Rugged RS50 Series Touch Computer at #RetailNOW 2017
- New Product : Epson LABELWORKS PX LW-PX400 Portable, Wireless Industrial Label Maker
- PRODUCT UPDATE: DuraScan® D600 Contactless Reader/Writer
- Global Smart Labels Market (2017
- TrueCommerce Named 2017 Great Supply Chain Partner
- Longbow Advantage Continues Expansion
- SafeNet Assured Technologies Launches New Tactical Cross Domain Solution
- Nebraska Prototype Drives Cybersecurity Startup: Driving Secure Results from the Cloud
- Global Supply Chain Analytics Market 2017-2021
- Learn How to Utilize, Sell and Implement RFID at Latin America Alien® Academy
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBarCodeNews
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TheBarCodeNews