CHICAGO – Sept. 26, 2017 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), the market leader in rugged mobile computers, barcode scanners and barcode printers enhanced with software and services to enable real-time visibility, today announced Savanna™, a fundamental building-block platform for accelerating Enterprise Asset Intelligence and the digital transformation of enterprise operations for Zebra’s customers and partners.
With the continued adoption of mobility and the Internet of Things (IoT), the edge of enterprise operations are becoming increasingly connected. This unprecedented, growing level of connectivity is generating vast amounts of actionable data about processes and assets that can be leveraged to transform workflows to improve business performance and outcomes. Savanna provides a means for Zebra, its partners and customers to build applications that make use of this edge data in near real-time to mobilize insight and actions that deliver new levels of service, productivity and profitability.
- Savanna is comprised of IoT end-point connectivity, configuration management, data transport, data storage, analytics and machine learning components.
- With enhanced and secure device connectivity, Savanna gives organizations the power to gain insights at the edge of its operations - ensuring the right data is available to the right people at the right time, giving them the power and informed intelligence to make the best decisions.
- As an open, centralized data platform designed to empower enterprise applications, Savanna will power Zebra® data-driven solutions along with applications and solutions built by Zebra partners.
- Zebra has also launched a Savanna platform early adopter program, selecting five partners to facilitate the development of vertically-oriented applications using edge data and associated insights from Savanna. Savanna’s APIs and developer tools allow an ecosystem of partners to quickly, easily and cost-effectively create secure applications that integrate into other platforms and traditional enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems.
- The partners selected globally are: Baidu Cloud, The Descartes Systems Group Inc., Problem Solutions, LLC, Reflexis Systems, Inc. and StayLinked Corporation.
- Today, Savanna powers the data analytics and visualization behind some of Zebra’s Enterprise Asset Intelligence (EAI) solutions that are helping retailers, transportation carriers, manufacturers, hospitals and sports teams become more intelligent enterprises, including:
- Asset Visibility Service (AVS)/Operational Visibility Service (OVS) gives customers and partners important insights and visibility into the health, usage and performance of their Zebra devices to help optimize business operations;
- SmartLens™ for Retail turns an entire store into a “smart store” that automatically senses and records the location and movement of virtually everything in the store, allowing data to become actionable intelligence; and
- SmartPack™ Trailer creates the most intelligent loading environments in the world by providing real-time visibility into loading processes to increase efficiency, allowing support for higher delivery volumes.
With the unparalleled operational visibility Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) provides, enterprises become as smart and connected as the world we live in. Real-time information – gleaned from visionary solutions including hardware, software and services – gives organizations the competitive edge they need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses and customers, and empower their mobile workers to succeed in today’s data-centric world. For more information, visit www.zebra.com or sign up for our news alerts. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
About Barcode.com: People come to the site looking for info and products.
About 1/3 of our visitors are in the legacy bar code industry, about 1/3 are looking for consumables (like labels, bar code numbers, etc) and about 1/3 are looking for solutions of some kind. Our approach is to be found through content and we have hundreds of articles - here is just one section - Solutions.
--- and the sub categories:
Other Barcode News:
- Samsung C&T America Boosts Agility Across Global Operations with Infor
- LightEdge Solutions Expands Security Portfolio with vSOC Powered by QRadar
- AIM & AIM NA Open 2018 Awards Nomination Period
- FourKites Partners with SMC³ to Extend End-to-End Supply Chain Visibility
- ISM® Addresses Potential Economic Impact of Hurricane Harvey on Manufacturing
- SV3 Passport for Visitor Management by Building Intelligence at ASIS Security Expo 2017
- NexInfo to Unveil Oracle Cloud Connectors at Oracle OpenWorld