Scanbuy, Inc., the recognized leader in providing advanced QR Code mobile technology services that includes SmartLabel™ capabilities, and Kezzler, a pioneer at the forefront of delivering business services for product serialization, tracking and tracing today announced a strategic partnership that will bring Internet of Packaging (IoP) to SmartLabel.
As the leading supplier of thousands of SmartLabel QR Codes for some of the largest global brands, Scanbuy joined forces with Kezzler to provide a next-generation solution that will change the landscape of business services for the CPG industry. The breakthrough technology uses SmartLabel QR Codes to provide product traceability, supply chain optimization, and robust marketing insights. IoP enables product serialization on a mass scale, giving every product a unique identity in the connected world.
"As SmartLabel QR Code package activation expands across product portfolios, it is important that we help clients future-proof their investment in SmartLabel, by solving product traceability and visibility using the exact same bar code," said Maryann Moschides, chief marketing officer at Scanbuy. "No longer will a product require a consumer facing barcode and an internal facing bar code. By partnering with Kezzler, we will be able to deliver a best-in-class solution that delivers transparency to consumers and enhances traceability for companies."
Working together, a Scanbuy QR Code placed on a product package dynamically links the consumer to the respective SmartLabel landing page via a simple scan. When the same QR Code is scanned for a business operation, companies gain full distribution visibility and insights to all stages of the product lifecycle through the Kezzler platform-leading to better production and logistics.
"Serializing or digitalizing products is currently being implemented in a number of regulated industries to protect and inform consumers," said Thomas Körmendi, CEO of Kezzler, "and we see a significant uptake across consumer products, bringing opportunities for brand owners, retailers and consumers. Activating SmartLabel on packages is a step toward providing richer information in the digital world and building trust through greater visibility. By partnering with Scanbuy on the SmartLabel initiative, we have the potential to create a multi-purpose role for every manufactured item, and our collaboration makes this evolution seamless."
Highlights of IoP by Scanbuy and Kezzler:
- Consumer Transparency: The QR Code scanned by a consumer instantaneously links to the SmartLabel landing page. No special scanning app required.
- Supply Chain Traceability: The QR Code reveals information about the production batch. If chocolate contains cacao, it would be traceable to each individual farm.
- Recall Management: The QR Code would identify affected products, narrowing down the products to be recalled.
- Distribution Visibility: The QR Code tracks the time from production to consumer scans, providing the ability to follow a product's journey through the distribution channel.
- Product Shelf-Life Management: The QR Code explains expiration dates and is used to track each individual item in distribution. Viewing these expiration dates provides insights for preventing food waste throughout the entire supply chain.
- Counterfeiting and Authentication: The QR Code ensures that a product without a cryptographic secure identity is not an authentic product.
- A joint IoP approach digitizes the entire product lifecycle, by integrating Scanbuy's SmartLabel package activation technology with Kezzler's traceability platform. Together Scanbuy and Kezzler business service capabilities bring innovation and significant value to the industry.
Kezzler AS is a global leader in serialization technologies and operated platform designed for industrial scale. Kezzler's mission is to standardize serialization and change global business practices by making product items digitally unique and interactive. Kezzler has offices in Norway, United States, India and the Netherlands. To learn more about Kezzler, visit http://www.kezzler.com.
Scanbuy is a global leader in mobile engagement solutions that power smart connections between the physical and digital world. Since 2000, Scanbuy has been helping companies use enterprise-class QR Code technology to redefine the business landscape. In a world where mobile engagement is woven into the very fabric of life, Scanbuy continues to be the benchmark for delivering around-the-clock information, with solutions that promote consumer transparency, inspire action, and develop loyalty. Headquartered in New York City, Scanbuy operates local offices in Europe and Latin America. Scanbuy holds the largest and oldest patent portfolio of any company in the industry, covering the entire mobile barcode ecosystem. For more information visit http://www.scanbuy.com/smartlabel.
Other Barcode News:
- Loftware Spectrum® 3.5 Introduces Business Intelligence to Enterprise Labeling
- Socket Mobile Reports Profitable Growth for the Third Quarter and Nine Months
- APICS Logistics Credential Quickly Surpasses 1000 Certifications
- AIM NA Releases Position Statements on AIDC in the Public Sector
- Destination Group Selects PlumSlice Labs to Create Enriched Data Command Center
- IDTechEx Finds That Passive RFID Sensors Overtake Battery Assisted RFID Sensors
- VelociData – A World Leader in Heterogeneous and Stream Computing – Receives its 100th Patent
- Smart Mobility Electronic Tolling Solution to Canada’s A25 Highway
- Large Companies See Mobility, Security, Complexity as Top Challenges
- TrueCommerce Announces Amazon Marketplace Integration