Växjö, Sweden, November 13th, 2017 JLT Mobile Computers, a leading developer and manufacturer of reliable computers for demanding environments, announces that it has entered into a partnership with Machinefabriek Steketee B.V., who are using JLT VERSO™+ 10 rugged computers to integrate their Smart Farming solutions for precision agriculture. Steketee is a leading developer of high-tech weeding and soil cultivation machines, used by arable farmers and horticulturalists worldwide.
Leveraging its extensive experience in the agriculture industry, Steketee develops innovative Smart Farming solutions that increase farmers’ efficiency and improve crop yields through the use of IT. Their IC-Light hoeing solution uses a high-definition integrated camera to detect crops in the field and to render a digital image that can be used to detect cultivated crops and enable hoeing machine alignment with outstanding accuracy. The digital image can also be used to measure green surfaces, capture discolorations or count crops. Integrating the IC-Light solution with the rugged VERSO+ 10 computer from JLT Mobile Computers brings exceptional reliability and high computing performance.
The rugged VERSO+ 10 computer deployed in Steketee cultivation solutions is designed to withstand significant temperature changes, severe vibrations, bright sunlight and is IP65 dust and waterproof, making it ideal for use in the agriculture industry.
“The compact format, high performance and great resistance to wear and tear make the rugged PCs from JLT very suitable to our needs,” confirms the R&D Director at Steketee. “The ease with which they can be mounted and dismounted in the farmers’ tractors is another great advantage as this simplifies service and allows devices to be ported between tractors or removed at the end of the working day to prevent theft.”
Featuring the revolutionary JLT PowerTouch™ display technology, the VERSO+ 10 computer provides a user-friendly experience comparable to modern consumer devices – both with a gloved and ungloved hand – while being virtually unbreakable. The clear and bright projected capacitive touchscreen makes it perfectly readable in any conditions, including direct sunlight, enabling real-time visualization of field mapping information right in the field.
Other Barcode News:
- Global Retailer and Manufacturer Alliance Near Completion of National Standards
- GID Introduces a Global Identity Code Generated from Biometrics to Make Passwords Obsolete
- ASICS Europe BV Warehouse Operations Unlock Greater Efficiency with Zebra Technologies
- TrueCommerce Announces Purchasing Integration for Sage
- Supply Chain Expert Flash Global Helps Feed Hope to Children in Brazil
- Senseon Secure Access Advises Jewelers on How to Avoid Holiday Theft
- NCR Partners with Samsung, Unveils All-in-One Commerce Station
- FoodLogiQ Traceability Solution Now Includes Active Monitoring, Enhanced Reporting
- Nike, Avery Dennison and 14 Other Companies Join the NFC Forum
- Farmstead Partners With Postmates To Bring Locally Sourced Groceries To Online Customers In San
Get The Bar Code News once a month, once a week or once a day. Subscribe here.